Germany v England

andykeenan

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

Just because I was wrong about this game doesn't mean it doesn't ring true about Hodgson's tenure overall.

2 competitive defeats in 4 years and average about 3 goals a game. I would kill to have a manager like Hodgson at Villa

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 competitive defeats in 4 years and average about 3 goals a game. I would kill to have a manager like Hodgson at Villa

He's got much better players at his disposal with England. Come on, surely you can see what a ridiculous comparison that is?

Just now, Mantis said:

He's got much better players at his disposal with England. Come on, surely you can see what a ridiculous comparison that is?

Yeah but most people don't like Hodgson. That automatically means Zatman has to defend him.

If we all loved Hodgson, Zatman would be slating him.

• Like 1

no its not I always liked Hodgson, best English manager of his generation or most generations and man has a set of balls. People like Capello or McLaren be still begging to Gerrard and Lampard to come back but Hodgson has too much about him and is building one of most exciting England teams in a long long time

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

no its not I always liked Hodgson, best English manager of his generation or most generations and man has a set of balls. People like Capello or McLaren be still begging to Gerrard and Lampard to come back but Hodgson has too much about him and is building one of most exciting England teams in a long long time

The same Hodgson who started AND captained Gerrard/Lampard in every game in the last world cup?

The same world up we got 1 point in the group stage.

ok

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I don't believe that's true but even if it is, it says more about how poor England is at managing rather than Hodgson's ability.

I think the time to judge Hodgson is the euro finals. He's got a great record in qualifcation at a time when its easier than ever to qualify for major tournaments. He's needs to get to the semis's at least here otherwise he's another failure. Lets not forget the worst performance ever in a world cup finals under his managerialship

13 hours ago, Mantis said:

Zatters is trolling a bit but he did fine at Fulham and West Brom as a balanced argument.

England will be his last job, he'll retire whenever he leaves the position.

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The same Hodgson who started AND captained Gerrard/Lampard in every game in the last world cup?

ok

Lampard only played the last world cup game as a sentimental gesture, he didn't feature in the first two important ones from memory.

It's a bit like people saying when the real stuff starts safety first players like Milner will be playing, correct me if I'm wrong but Milner didn't start a single game at the world cup.

I was on a stag do the other weekend and we were discussing who would be in the euros squad...mate pipes up and says "knowing Hodgson he'll start Calum Chambers...." :lol: Same Chambers who is shite for Arsenal every time he plays and hasn't had a call up for two years. I do think Woy suffers from that stigma.

It's a bit like calling up Vardy end of last season, everyone couldn't believe it but what great foresight getting him involved early in the international scene.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

ok

last world cup he watched gerrard play in a 3 man midfield for liverpool alongside henderson and a.n.other and decided to stick him in a 2 man midfield instead...

why? because he had to play sterling, sturridge, welbeck and rooney in the same team

im still to be convinced he's any different from any other england manager ive seen in the last 30 years