Germany v England

andykeenan

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Serious question but how would people react if Pochettino was the next England manager, he's trained half of this squad.

I think he will soon be attracting offers from Europes top clubs.  

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I honestly can't remember when i last enjoyed an England game, well played. 

This.

Young, likeable team.

Will go back to hating them when Rooney and Wilshere inevitably come back in the XI.

• Like 3

Very well played England, we're in good form and have some decent players coming through. Just hope to god Woy will have the balls to dwop wooney, I really believe we should select players who are in form rather than who's got the most experience.  

Serious question but how would people react if Pochettino was the next England manager, he's trained half of this squad.

An Argentinian actually getting England to achieve something, I don't think I would stop laughing for about a year with all the apologies the Sun would be coming out with, nearly wants me want England to win something. 

I think that's a bit over the top.

21 minutes ago, av1 said:

I honestly can't remember when i last enjoyed an England game, well played. 

When we beat Germany 5-1. Its always good to beat the Germans even if it was a friendly

Funny really how, after years of hand-wringing about how the premier league is failing to develop English talent, we have a squad that is brimful of young players who look very well-placed to make the grade at international level. So many that we can't fit them all into the team.

It was a very good England performance from 0-2 down, but what happened to Germany? They completely switched off and Dier's goal was an embarrassment for the defending (no pun intended) world champions of football.

I though Vardy was a flash in the pan tbh but his finish tonight has made re reassess a few things....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, a m ole said:

Also, special shout out to Alli for ruining the international career of Delph before it even started.

I could think of at least 10 better midfielders than Delph maybe even 15

12 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Great performance. Now watch Hodge start Rooney and the rest of the shite in the Euros

I wouldn't even have him in the squad, not only has he not delivered at a tournament for 12 years but he slows down the play and doesn't have the legs anymore. He's also no where near good enough to play the 'number 10' role at international tournament level football. I heard the overrated pundit Lee Dixon advocate him to play on the left of the front line (where Wellbeck was playing) and it was an absolutely ridiculous suggestion. For all Wellbeck's faults he's a much more dynamic option than Rooney in that position. 

If Rooney does play then it will be another case of square pegs for round holes, the sort of policy that clearly 'benefited' England so much during the so called 'golden' generation era.  

• Like 3

I wouldn't even have him in the squad, not only has he not delivered at a tournament for 12 years but he slows down the play and doesn't have the legs anymore. He's also no where near good enough to play the 'number 10' role at international tournament level football. I heard the overrated pundit Lee Dixon advocate him to play on the left of the front line (where Wellbeck was playing) and it was an absolutely ridiculous suggestion. For all Wellbeck's faults he's a much more dynamic option than Rooney in that position. 

If Rooney does play then it will be another case of square pegs for round holes, the sort of policy that clearly 'benefited' England so much during the so called 'golden' generation era.  

I agree mate. Problem is that Rooney is the captain and the poster boy so that pretty much guarentees he plays.

• Like 1

If Rooney walks back into this team for the Euros I can imagine there will be many unhappy people about.  He hasn't delivered for England and others must be given the chance.