Germany v England

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

10x more annoying that miss as I've back England <_<

more annoying that miss as I've back England <_<

Rest easy my friend.

Surely tonight is that eureka moment, just with the goalscorers. I'd have said England had played well even if they had lost 2-0.

I'm jumping off that bridge if we get to the first game and Henderson, Milner, Lallana and.....Wilshere are all on the team sheet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Cue the tabloids bigging us up to win the Euros

It will be different once the tournament starts, I doubt Germany would lose a 2-0 goal lead when the real stuff gets going.

England however do have very good players, likes of Ali and Kane could be generation defining players and tonight showed there's strength off the bench if Vardy is used as impact sub in tournament. You even get average players like Danny Rose looking good because they're so confident from how well club season is going.

But Woy must must must not go back to the old guard selection once the proper stuff starts...hopefully tonight has shown him this emerging group is well worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

wow what a second half from England. Ali was great and Vardy made a huge difference when he came on.

Given the fact Germany play a midfielder at RB I'm staggered he didn't  start.

Hodgson team sheet in for the first game after that:

Hart

Glen Johnson         Cahill         Jagielka       Baines

Carrick        Henderson     Wilshere

Milner           Rooney      Lallana

Edit: Being serious again, 8 of those were regular starters at the last world cup.

Shows how much things can change in under 2 years, that side that finished tonight plays football lightyears ahead of that side above, football much more like the dynamic stuff played like other leading nations.

A very good nights work and much to ponder now.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I never knew Lothar Matthaus was this likeable.

To be fair I'd be more than happy to see Rooney playing in attacking midfield with these players around him.  These Spurs players have come such a long way under Pochettino, he is a genius.

Serious question but how would people react if Pochettino was the next England manager, he's trained half of this squad.

An Argentinian actually getting England to achieve something, I don't think I would stop laughing for about a year with all the apologies the Sun would be coming out with, nearly wants me want England to win something.