Germany v England

andykeenan

So Germany play with a midfielder at RB, England have a forward thats been on fire this year and plays from the left, a selection no brainer isn't it?

Hodgson you plum. 

Gotta say Alli is class proper midfielder box to box loves a tackle has a touch of skill, calmness on the ball and ain't afraid to pull the trigger!  Man City will be sniffing after him this summer.

• Like 1

Just now, S-Platt said:

Gotta say Alli is class proper midfielder box to box loves a tackle has a touch of skill, calmness on the ball and ain't afraid to pull the trigger!  Man City will be sniffing after him this summer.

Yes but Spuds would get something stupid like 60 million for him and they would reinvest properly back into the team. Instead of chucking money at Stephen Ireland, Darren Bent, and Charles N'Zogbia. That's why they are 2nd and we are 20th.

As for the game England are doing okay, even with a ex bluenose as the keeper.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Lack of composure in the final third has cost us.

It's such a huge difference between us and the real top sides, we can try our best to emulate the way they play but when it comes down to that split second of quality, we just don't really have it.  

Shame for Butland, but clever from Kroos to have a dig having spotted him limping.

• Like 2

Should Germany of kicked it out of play then though? I know the referee has to stop play for an outfield player but surely if a keeper is injured it is a different story and a touch of sportsmanship wouldn't go a miss. To have a pop when he is injured seems a little harsh. They should watch Di Canio v Everton.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Lack of composure in the final third has cost us.

It was the same v Spain....Barkley got into some fantastic positions and his shooting was woeful. I remember the 2006 world cup when Lampard had about 600 shots and none of them were on target, composure isn't one of England's strengths.

Still a decent half, some nice play at times and good combination passing. As I said pre match both German FBs are pretty weak so yes get Vardy on second half and see what impact he can make.

1 minute ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Should Germany of kicked it out of play then though? I know the referee has to stop play for an outfield player but surely if a keeper is injured it is a different story and a touch of sportsmanship wouldn't go a miss. To have a pop when he is injured seems a little harsh. They should watch Di Canio v Everton.

Perhaps if Butland had gone down they'd have stopped play but you don't know how serious the injury would be at that time.  He'd made his way back into his goal so I think it's fair to shoot.

7 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Nice guys finish last.