Pre-Match Thread

John

On Sunday 2nd April at 12.45 we kick-off against last season's champions Chelsea at Villa Park. It has been a season to forget for them and one we will sadly not be able to forget try as we might.

We do occasionally beat our visitors at Villa Park. We did so in 2014, 2009, 2007, 2004 and 2003. We will no doubt beat them at home again in the league but it seems highly unlikely it will be this season or next. Neither team have anything left to play for this season other than their pride. I rather hope our doomed team start playing for that and us from the start of April until this sorry season draws to its inevitable conclusion.

A home win seems beyond us these days, a point would represent a triumph and I think many of us might settle for a defeat by the odd goal or two rather than 7 or 8. I look forward to seeing a sea of banners at Villa Park on 74 minutes. Try to arrange to have all of them taken down "Mr Custodian"! http://astonvillaprotestgroup.co.uk/press-releases

Chelsea are a team of bullies and have been for some time - I expect they'll relish knocking over a beaten team with one foot on the beach - I really can see this being a bad one - I'd take three nil right now and I wouldn't be too surprised to see a lot worse.

Were going to avoid this cause I think Pedro will score about 8 goals and the world is depressing enough without having Villa adding to that coming depression. I will tune on in the second half for the protests; wishing i was there joining in.

Flip flopping on sacking the manager won't have helped the score line. If he couldn't motivate them before, try now. 

We are in for an absolute drubbing, again. I go for 4-1 as a flattering scoreline to us. 

Oh and #BANNERSOUTON74. Ta!

6 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I think Hutton might have something to say about that! 

Journo: Well, Guus. A convincing win away from home. You must be very happy with your team's performance today?

Guus Hiddink: Yes, well obviously I am. Alan has been excellent for us from both ends in defence and attack. His crosses consistently deny our opponents any chance of strike on goal, and I am also happy how he allows the openings to get our strikers a shot on goal. He does this all with such fierce determination! Also Brad in goal has been fantastic, throwing his body on the line to allow those deflections to go in. Also providing those wonderful openings on his near post too. It is no wonder he leads the comp in goals assist, and he can spit gum really far too.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2016 at 15:04, The Fun Factory said:

12.45 k.o and a inevitable defeat. Sorry guys but I just can't face going up to watch the upcoming drivel.

weekend will get off to an earlier miserable start than normal :P

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is Diego Costa banned for this, what was the outcome of his charge for allegedly inciting the Everton crowd after his red card?

Pretty sure he didn't get a ban