Battlefield 1

AndyC

well that's me done with 4, it will be in the bin tomorrow. It was a day one purchase as all the bf's have been, end of an era really as I only play 3 games, fifa, bf and gta.

I hope bf1 is not buggy for the next few weeks while we wait for the first update

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AndyC said:

well that's me done with 4, it will be in the bin tomorrow. It was a day one purchase as all the bf's have been, end of an era really as I only play 3 games, fifa, bf and gta.

I hope bf1 is not buggy for the next few weeks while we wait for the first update

Basically the same story for me, apart from i don't even buy fifa anymore since 15, because it's poop.

6 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Basically the same story for me, apart from i don't even buy fifa anymore since 15, because it's poop.

I've not purchased 17 because of it being released so close to bf1. I might buy it sometime after xmas once the initial bf1 hype has worn off.

Mrs just text me saying I have a delivery.......

Actually played about an hour of the campaign and really enjoyed it. Something good to do whilst everything gets back to normal.  Defo going to try it with decent headphones on. The sound is really atmospheric. 

I played about half hour of the campaign whilst waiting for the update 

it's ok, like the idea of how they've split it out, level I played was a bit short and fairly easy, played the Gallipoli beach landing level, it needed more people on it, on both sides, probably only killed 20 people on the whole level, don't think it's as beautiful as I was expecting it, can't work out if they've put some sort of grainy filter on it for atmosphere rather than it being all shiny, think my first thought when they announced it was that the guns might be a bit of a let down, that's gone straight out the window

I played the prologue (wow, haunting), through the mud and avantini (i think) and a bit of the people in high places.  Very impressed.  Although they are short, they give you a good insight into how the multiplayer handles.

My main gripe is not being able to switch r2 with r1 unless you do it with through the ps4 settings. Hope they give you the option soon.

Played another couple of hours today both multiplayer and campaign. Need to level up quickly on MP. Campaign is really enjoyable.  Played the plane story today - it's fantastic, every aspect is top notch. Well done Dice! 

It's a very good game alright. The sound is fantastic and if you end up in the wrong spot in MP it really does feel like being in a warzone. GOTY contender.

Can someone post up the best loadouts and weapons to buy for each class? I probably won't have the warbonds to unlock much so I don't want to waste them.

Edited by villa89

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Can someone post up the best loadouts and weapons to buy for each class? I probably won't have the warbonds to unlock much so I don't want to waste them.

This would help me as well!

I've wasted too many warbonds on rubbish guns so far. Russian 1895 Sniper is the only good one I've bought....

37 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Outdated already :) 

Support don't get trip wires.  That said, it gives you a nice overview of what your class should be doing.

As with "what is the best load out?" that depends entirely on how you like to play.

If you like in-your-face shooting, highly aggressive, then assault is the only way to go. Take down tanks, enemy infantry with high rate-of-fire weapons, but you will be outgunned from 40m+ because of recoil/random deviation in the bullets you fire.

If you like to get an overview of the battlefield objectives and like to spot enemies out for your and your teammates benefit, then recon is obviously going to work for you.  You also have the highest damaging weapons, albeit they require bolt-pulls after every shot.  Accuracy is key.  Also, don't stay still, regardless of your intuition, this will get you counter-sniped much more than you anticipate.

I like support, because it's often overlooked.  The guns are quite cumbersome and will easily get out gunned in close quarters, so you have to refrain from running in and attempting to kill everyone.  You can however, do some serious damage from ranges of about 40 meters. 

Medics are always useful, providing you revive people.  Otherwise they are useless.  If you see a downed team mate, ensure its safe to do so before running over and reviving.  That's very important.

Â