Battlefield 1

AndyC

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, AndyC said:

cant wait for this now.

Is there a premium edition for pre-order?

Not confirmed, but highly suspected. 

The reason for the slight doubt, is that previously DICE have been worried about the player base splitting up when people have premium and have all the maps, apposed the those that don't.  So, whilst there will be some type of premium (guns maybe), then hopefully they should release the maps for free. 

BF4 had some outstanding maps on Premium, it's a shame everybody didn't get to enjoy them.

That being said and a big reminder, ALL MAP PACKS FOR BF4 ARE NOW FREE!!!! So if you think you want to play, but are worried about no players, then don't, because there is always plenty of people playing the game still.  I play most nights.

14 hours ago, Tayls said:

Never played any Battlefield games before. I'll be getting this. Looks awesome. 

Have played them all since BF 1942. You can pick up BF4 for pretty much nothing now, might be worth getting it to give you an idea of what to expect.

8 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Have played them all since BF 1942. You can pick up BF4 for pretty much nothing now, might be worth getting it to give you an idea of what to expect.

It'll be more like BC2, but with 64 players rather than 24.

That may seem very pedantic, but BF4 is quite different.  The maps were based and created to impress us with huge visuals.  Hence Levolution (skyscrapers falling over, towers, dams breaking, floods, mudslides etc etc), but BF1 goes back to small scale destruction.  And when I say small scale, I mean there won't be skyscrapers falling over, but you can obliterate EVERYTHING, rather than a few, big things.  This is much more fun imo. 

If you play PC, you can still play BC2 (Sniping in particular looks very similar, very fast bullet speed, not much bullet drop), or BF4.  They're both great FPS games though, and still have loads of people playing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried the beta yet?  Played it tonight,  great fun and i really want to play more maps. Sometimes there's so much going on its a bit daunting but that's cuz I'm not Lapal :D

• Haha 1

On ‎17‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:09, AndyC said:

cant wait for this now.

Is there a premium edition for pre-order?

Why do people pre-order? The game won't disappear on launch day if you haven't pre-ordered. Just wait for the reviews and see if it's acutally playable unlike BF4 before you buy. Just ask anyone who pre-ordered No Man's Sky. They are still waiting for them to patch a game into it. 

I've played it.

I love it.

Gimme more.

Few thoughts;

- Getting rid of 3d spotting (or having it much more toned down) is great.  I'm telling you now that it is imperative that you play with friends, or make some new friends to play this, this game is absolutely geared for team play.

- Getting rid of noise spotting (appearing on the map when firing a non-suppressed weapon) - both genius and a curse for me.  I play very aggressive, I get on flags and want to win.  There are lots of hiding places and it can frustrate me getting on a flag to capture, only to be suppressed by someone shooting me and me not being able to figure out where they are (usually hiding on C flag in a window!).  It's much more realistic, but gone are the days of my K/D being 2.5.  You will die much more if you play as fast as I normally do.  I guess it's up to me to re-learn how to play, both slow down and speed up when needed.  It'll be tough, but more rewarding.

- The flame thrower pick up kit is absolutely brilliant.  Pick it up from a box near the broken house on Butter (instead of Bravo!), go to the city C/D flags as quick as you can, and absolutely WRECK people with it.  I went on a fast 20 man streak last night, super fun.

- The sniping is very powerful.  The bullets travel much quicker than in BF3/4, meaning it's easier.  Very fun to play with, very unforgiving to play against.

- Tanks are very, very powerful, fear them.  They are much slower than BF4, but they are lethal.  There are no RPG's in WW1, so you have to get up close (if you can) to take them out.  Unlock the Rocket Gun (has to be bi-podded to be deployed) for the assault class as fast as you can.  It takes TEAMWORK to put these things down.

- Medic's currently don't know what they're doing, it'll improve when the game comes out, but everyone is a nooby at the moment.  The semi auto rifles are very powerful.  3/4 shot kills and each shot takes >25 health.  pot shot if you're in doubt.

- Support class is different from BF3/4 and are similar to BFBC2.  If you use a machine gun in this game, you have to go full auto.  The machine guns get MORE accurate when you continually fire them, hold that trigger and dome some heads.  Give ammo.

- The map is huge, there are lots of hiding places, you'll get butt hurt sometimes when you spawn and die and go 0-5, it's happened to me a few times, suck it up and rethink strategy.

- The leveling up of individual classes is a good thing.  You have an overall rank, but you unlock class weapons/equipment only when you use that class, become good at one thing and you'll be rewarded.

- It's still a BETA, so things still don't work, don't look right, aren't balanced properly etc - appreciate that this game isn't finished until October.

- Horses are fun as hell.

If you have anything else to add, or any questions, let me know :)  

What are your experiences of it? Enjoying it?

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Ok thanks.

Any idea if you can do split screen co-op local? Or is that a thing of the past these days?

There was a co-op MP (parties) on BF3, they did away with it on BF4 though.

I know there is a campaign for this one (as there have been for the others), but I don't know about the co-op.  Definitely not split screen though.

5 hours ago, hogso said:

There's some suggestion the Beta will be extended, as a 'hacker group' has taken responsibility for the server downtime.

There was no end date offered for this beta only a start date. So this thing could go on for as long as EA want it to. May need to add another map if this goes on for more than 2-3 days..

Â