Battlefield 1

AndyC

You can be a decent player without ever firing a bullet...

someone just going after kills will never get a higher score than someone going after the objectives, a kill is worth 100 points, capturing an enemy controlled objective I think is worth 1000, unlike CoD you also get points for damage so if you shoot someone a couple of times but get killed you'll still get some kind of score

On 08/11/2016 at 12:32, RunRickyRun said:

Yep, I had a game playing medic and didn't fire a weapon, just stayed with my squad and revived on objectives..

Came 2nd.

You have to think though, dying loads gives away tickets, so even if you don't want to actively go on huge kill sprees, just be wary of potential threats on objectives and on the way to and from them.

A bit of thought and planning (map knowledge) goes an awful long way.

Happy hunting.

• Like 1

On 26 November 2016 at 18:22, AndyC said:

How did you get on ?

Hi mate, only got as far as doing campaign story two, the flight one, was loving that. When I get to online, which will prob be a few days off ill try be one,of those who gets a plane so I'll look to see if that's possible. The only battlefield I have ever played before was a few years ago, I went to a mates and played on his and it was a case of riskily waiting to see if a plane turned up on the runway and then a free for all , when people run for it. I think that was battlefield anyway. 

Impressive game though, I'm not fully skilled in shooters, so when I get there it'll be pure crash n burn for a bit. How's it going for you, are you all maxed out?

15 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Hi mate, only got as far as doing campaign story two, the flight one, was loving that. When I get to online, which will prob be a few days off ill try be one,of those who gets a plane so I'll look to see if that's possible. The only battlefield I have ever played before was a few years ago, I went to a mates and played on his and it was a case of riskily waiting to see if a plane turned up on the runway and then a free for all , when people run for it. I think that was battlefield anyway. 

Impressive game though, I'm not fully skilled in shooters, so when I get there it'll be pure crash n burn for a bit. How's it going for you, are you all maxed out?

The planes work differently in bf1, you get an option to spawn in them from the spawn screen (if that's what its called?) and they are already flying, so none of that having 5 or 6 people all hanging around for planes any more.

The campaign will only get you used to the controls, it wont prepare you for the intensity of the multiplayer battles. If I were you I'd just dive straight into multiplayer, it is going to be a massive learning curve anyway having done the campaign or not.

I am no where near maxed out, I only get to play 2 or 3 times per week for a couple of hours at a time. Currently at rank 28 I think.

Add me on ps4 if you like, I play evenings after 8:30pm ish.

AC-UK-82 

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Just bought this for the ps4. Gonna give it a go. It's my first battefield game ever. Is there anything I should know?

Run and gun and you will get **** up. Stay in cover, work with your squad and team, move together, keep chucking out medic/ammo packs. Helping your team and taking objectives will earn you the most points, kill/deaths is not so important.

Operations is the best game but that's a matter of opinion of course.

Enjoy and give it time, everyone finds bf difficult to begin with.

• Like 2

go round...seriously go for the objectives always, never take the obvious route to the objective, never sit in the middle of the objective, you want to be lying on your belly right on the edge of the it, no one seeing you approach it, no one knowing where you are, the aim is to reach the objective and then have other squad members spawn on you, then you can pop your head up and have a look round, personally my tactic is to find a spot and then throw gas grenades where id expect the enemy to come charging in from, it wont kill them but doing damage acts like an alarm so you know someones coming, also use your flare if you're playing as a scout

i think its a buzz when you're capturing an objective by yourself and it stops...you know someones there but you dont know where they are and they dont know where you are

• Like 2

Don't forget you can buy ammo/medic crates that wil auto refill your team giving you a shit ton of points for when you are playig as support/medic, especially on a couple of maps where objectives are in bunkers, You can get thousands of score for just standing there doing nothing. Just drop a crate where it is not going to get by an incoming grenade & watch the refill/heal score stack up while you do whatever you want. Also be sure to drop a crate every time you respawn as it will auto refill anyone you spawn on.

• Like 2

I played online last night, and wow is it difficult. I only get 1 gun? or at least I think I did because that was the only gun I was able to select. It was some terrible gun that is best for being fired from the hip which makes it impossible to use on anyone farther than 10 feet away. It also takes 5-6 hits to kill someone, but I was getting killed in 2-3. The most fun I had was when I killed a sniper and took his rifle. I went on a crazy killing streak with it. 

Honestly the game is not fun at all with the one gun. On operations it was pretty much spawn, get killed from a guy much farther away than my gun could reach, then repeat. I also much have gotten a completely shit team because I was 2nd with 14 kills and 19 deaths. 

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I played online last night, and wow is it difficult. I only get 1 gun? or at least I think I did because that was the only gun I was able to select. It was some terrible gun that is best for being fired from the hip which makes it impossible to use on anyone farther than 10 feet away. It also takes 5-6 hits to kill someone, but I was getting killed in 2-3. The most fun I had was when I killed a sniper and took his rifle. I went on a crazy killing streak with it. 

Honestly the game is not fun at all with the one gun. On operations it was pretty much spawn, get killed from a guy much farther away than my gun could reach, then repeat. I also much have gotten a completely shit team because I was 2nd with 14 kills and 19 deaths. 

You can change class?

each class starts with 2 or 3 guns at least? It don't take long to unlock loads more anyway.

You have to give this game time if you're new to bf, before long you will be charging through those trenches bayoneting people through the neck like a pro

• Like 1

On 30/11/2016 at 16:52, Czechlad said:

All my classes were identical. I also only had one weapon unlocked. It was saying I had to spend 200 of the point things just to switch to a shotgun. 

You have to buy all the guns but play it for a bit and you'll seeon have cash to get what you want (although some of the better weapons require you to level up the class first)

try using https://www.battlefield.com/companion

This is far more intuitive to use than the ingame menus and you can customise your loadouts for all classes & compare all weapons etc on your pc (can also do it on your phone)

All down to personal taste really i guess and playing as different classes will give you different choices but you can't go far wrong with a Hellriegel 1915 for assault & a m1918 BAR for support. You'll need to play the game a lot to unlock the hellriegel though (you have to get to assault rank 10 which is 500,000 or so score) but you can start to unlock the BAR for support class rank 2 which you should be able to get to in 3-4 hours of playing support class if you buy the ammo crate and just keep refilling everyone whilst playing for the objectives.

Also don't forget to select a medal to track as these are easy xp/score. There are several medals you can unlock fully in single games of some modes

There is a video of someone firing all/most of them here

Edited by LakotaDakota

On 08/11/2016 at 12:32, RunRickyRun said:

The new go to is the Mg15.  since the recoil was turned down, this gun has a great balance between rate of fire, recoil, ammo (100 rounds in 1 drum) and accuracy.  great for holding a defensive position . 

I would recommend starting with conquest. It will help you learn the maps, and players are often more spread out so there are less chances of it turning into a meat grinder.

Still loving this game. Being an adult has stopped me ploughing the hours I used to be able to put into Battlefield games, but I love getting on the horses and cutting down players with the sabre

• Like 1

Â