Battlefield 1

AndyC

21 hours ago, NeilS said:

Ok thanks lapal_fan, I did like the single player games but do want to try something different. I did like Medal of Honour, and that was the game that I was thinking of when I saw this game and it's setting. I will probably take a while longer to complete the SP though as I will probably not be as good as you guys, but that will hopefully make me better and more equipped to take on the online version.

No problem :)

If you ever need any help with anything battlefield, let me know.  

As someone else said above, reactions do help (firing 1st is quite a large advantage), but in battlefield, intelligent movement will overcome the need for quick reflexes.  flanking is always a good idea, it'll get yoy behind enemy lines quickly because there will be fewer enemies and then you'll be behind their front line.  always fun in that position.

I'm on ps4 if you want help.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

No problem :)

If you ever need any help with anything battlefield, let me know.  

As someone else said above, reactions do help (firing 1st is quite a large advantage), but in battlefield, intelligent movement will overcome the need for quick reflexes.  flanking is always a good idea, it'll get yoy behind enemy lines quickly because there will be fewer enemies and then you'll be behind their front line.  always fun in that position.

I'm on ps4 if you want help.

Thanks again. I don't think my reflexes are too bad tbh, my issues usually stem from aiming with the controller, although I have noticed I am getting better in some games as I am getting used to the controls. I guess playing the SP missions will set me up for some online action.

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This game and multilayer ,  and the lack of people blowing up tanks .  Don't know why so few people play as assault .  No one spots either .  Rsndomers suck.  

I think you're right at the moment.  The game is new and this BF has more players playing it than BF4 (twice as many).  Obviously this means a lot of newcomers are playing, but not knowing what they're doing.  It's frustrating for "Veterans", because 2 people can easily destroy a tank if they're working in unison.  1 person will always struggle. 

The way the game is made means that you also have to get quite close to the tanks to destroy them, and when those tanks can have up to 5 people in them, covering all angles, then that makes it even more difficult.

I play with others regularly and we're finding the perfect squad of 5 for most situations is 2 assault (anti armor, storming bunkers etc), 2 medics (reviving the assaults, good mid range and 1 support (suppression, ammo).  You can do without scouts more often than not, although scouts on this game are brilliant at demoralizing your opponents, they make it so you cannot stay still, bipod up etc. 

New patch coming out soon, Suez (the small, 3 flag desert map), which often ends up in a terrible spawn camp for 1 team, is getting a lot of love, introducing 2 more flags.  Weapon balancing etc.  

And for those who are really struggling, go onto Youtube and look at Jackfrags, Stonemountain64, Levelcap, Matimio. Xfactorgaming etc. There are many more, but they give you a good overview of how to play as part of a team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Sniping on this game is just too easy, I would have never done this in BF4...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/23285155

I also love it when you get yourself in a really awkward position where nobody is looking at you..

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/23285173

That's just good sniping bud.

The travel speeds and drop for recon weapons in BF4 was verging on pebble throwing for some weapons.  All the weapons in BF1 have much higher speed.

played a fair bit last night, mainly operations, was playing the turks vs brits first map final stage, i had a brilliant round as a scout, covering A from a sand dune, something like 18 kills before running out of bullets and having to go on a hand gun rampage

then the tanks came...

if i see one and get killed i might carry on doing what im doing, if i see 3 of them and get killed im straight away changing to assault, seems like i was the only one on my team who had that brain wave, lost that sector and that map to a bloke sat in a tank on B, started the next map, they took the first 3 sectors doing the exact same thing, everyone on suez playing as scouts probably getting kills but losing sectors, fortunately still managed to win

its almost as bad as when you're the sole player capturing an objective and a tank on your team drives straight past you :bang:

Just got this. The unskippable cutscenes before Operations matches are painfully bad.

I can't believe they had a Gallipoli story mission and started it on day 2! Massive missed opportunity especially with how well the game looks.

Enjoying it so far - trying to unlock the shotgun on assault class at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

first big patch

think the biggest change for me will be operations, i personally didnt think there was that much of an issue but apparantly the data is showing a big advantage to the defenders so they're giving the attackers more tickets and speeding up the capturing 

they've changed the suez map to put 5 objectives on it rather than 3

i think they've made it so you can customise your set up on the main menu

changed the squad leader rules so you can boot people off who dont know what it does (like me)

added the quit button the end of the round

whole host of fixes and other minor stuff

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

first big patch

think the biggest change for me will be operations, i personally didnt think there was that much of an issue but apparantly the data is showing a big advantage to the defenders so they're giving the attackers more tickets and speeding up the capturing 

The problem with operations is it becomes clear early on who will win. If the attackers take the first 3 objectives without being stopped then they will win the vast majority of the time. The behemoth support will help them roll over the last few sectors, even if the defenders make a comeback, leaving them with 2 lives going into the 2nd map. If they use a life in the first 3 sectors then it becomes too tough to win the rest of the map in one life and near impossible to take the entire 2nd map in one life.

Still fun though!

ive had a couple of last stands on it, one objective left on the last sector of the last map, incredibly satisfying

agree you can normally tell how its going to go, think the last one i did was attacking in the Italian hills, lost the 1st wave without taking the first objective (the house)

Finally got my hands on the games, and it's fantastic. I haven't played a Battlefield game in about a year, but it all came back to me soon  enough 

Don't like how battle packs are just given to random players at the end of a round. I feel there should be some PTFO part to them, so xxx420weed4lyfxxx doesn't get one for going 2-8 sniping from the edge of the map

I received a battlepack at the end of a 3 minute Domination round, and I didn't even spawn in :lol:  Battlepack for free!! :D

The patch will be based on data.  I'm glad they didn't nerf anything hard (mortar needed something as it was extremely accurate and spamable, which is why I got my 100 kills with it before the patch :lol: 

Glad the support weapons got an accuracy buff, without a damagae buff.  It was always the inaccuracy of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd shots which made them underpowered.

Suez should have gone with new flags adjacent to the center 3 points, but the map layout dedicated it was always going to be a linear style map.

Love it, love it, love it.

Planes, if you aren't familiar, are absolutely fantastic. You can easily get 5/6/7 kills if from the start you flank as far as you can one side, then as the enemy stary capping their 1st flag, do a bombing run on it, there's always basically at least 10 targets on the point. :lol: 

• Like 1

Installing now... Ps4. I am a good gamer but quite shit at anything like COD or BF. This is my first battlefield, last shooter I had was COD black ops 1, which I only ever did 1 player on. I thin that when I get to go online with BF1 I will be noob fodder , here goes though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Installing now... Ps4. I am a good gamer but quite shit at anything like COD or BF. This is my first battlefield, last shooter I had was COD black ops 1, which I only ever did 1 player on. I thin that when I get to go online with BF1 I will be noob fodder , here goes though

If you play through the campaign first it will get you used to all the weapons/controls etc, if you play on normal/easy you can get through it in an evening and at least you'll be used to the tank/plane controls etc and should have a grip on your prefered weapon types

• Like 1

One of the upsides of Battlefield is you can be a dreadful FPS player and still contribute. A medic can rack up massive scores without contributing much to the kills of the team just by reviving and healing team mates. It's a very different style of play but no less useful.

• Like 2

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:01, Midfielder said:

How did you get on ?

Â