Battlefield 1

AndyC

Dear anyone playing this game.

Please spot. It helps everyone. 

Please don't just use tanks as a means of transport, use the things!

Please leave ammo packs and health packs

And most importantly, I know that rock on the mountain is your favourite spot in the whole wide world but... please PTFO!!!!

Love,

Pie

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dubbs said:

What's spotting :ph34r:???!!

Ha not sure if serious but...

When you view an enemy walking, or a tank, jeep or any form of enemy, aim at them and press RB or R1 on them. A little red marker will appear above their head, which your whole team will see, it will also highlight them on the mini map for all your team to see. So if you see a tank rolling towards you, spot it before running away! All your team mates will also know this tank is about to come and the right team mates can get ready to blow that mother **** up! 

This will help...

Edited by PieFacE

It's not your usual run and gun COD (assuming that's the closest to Halo - never played it) multiplayer.  Slower pace, more methodical gameplay. Much more emphasis on playing objectives. 

Yeah the map is terrible. There's not enough cover arond B, D, E, G. Spawn at any of these bases and you're in sight of a tank or sniper. It's terrible. 

Also, the new Conquest system sucks. Makes being a medic pretty pointless. They should remove health regen if they are to keep the new Conquest. 

Edited by PieFacE

Played a couple of games earlier, it's good, it's hard! It's kind of the opposite of what I thought of Star Wars where distance didn't seem to matter and the gun variance was a bit shite, I can't do much with the opening gun if I'm more than 10m away, my accuracy is shambolic, so earn points and upgrade through the objective...

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Boooo....weather isn't server side, it's client side, which is rubbish really.

https://fat.gfycat.com/CooperativeWigglyAmericanblackvulture.webm

Hopefully it's just a BETA bug

I hope it is a bug as that is stupid if it's not..

I'll be attending EGX in a few weeks and Battlefield 1 will be there with 64 kiosks linked up over LAN, so I will keep an eye out to see if this is present on the show floor as it will be mega apparent with 64 screens side by side in-person.

They need to sort that out though as it's just game breaking that I can be hunkered down behind a rock in a sandstorm and someone else can see me clear as day.  

They have done an update to this today. All game time limits have been removed so it is now a proper first to 300 on conquest rather than it always ending after a set time regardless of the score.

Time limit on rush also removed.

Would be nice if they added the alpha map for the last day or two as this is more fun than the big sniper desert.

Edited by LakotaDakota

rush is a much better game mode

got quite in to it, interested to see how the sniper rifle glare will work with the weather settings, could get worse...the tanks can be frustrating as hell, reviving people as the medic doesnt really work, assuming its just because the full menu hasnt unlocked yet but the upgrading your set up mid game stuff doesnt make sense

still amazed at how much better than star wars it is, just goes to show what a lazy horrible game that was

also surprised that despite dipping my toes in various battlefield games its the one set in WW1 thats got me, certainly more than the idea of CoD the final frontier or whatever that nonsense is called

• Like 1

On 9/5/2016 at 16:27, Daweii said:

I hope it is a bug as that is stupid if it's not..

I'll be attending EGX in a few weeks and Battlefield 1 will be there with 64 kiosks linked up over LAN, so I will keep an eye out to see if this is present on the show floor as it will be mega apparent with 64 screens side by side in-person.

They need to sort that out though as it's just game breaking that I can be hunkered down behind a rock in a sandstorm and someone else can see me clear as day.  

it was on reddit the other day and i read its a glitch when somebody joins half way through a game and its out of sync. Otherwise everyone will be seeing the same sandstorm

Â