Jump to content

England squad Germany & Holland Friendlies


andykeenan
 Share

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, andykeenan said:

Butland, Forster, Hart, Bertrand, Cahill, Clyne, Jagielka, Rose, Smalling, Stones Walker, Alli, Barkley, Dier, Drinkwater, Henderson, Lallana, Milner, Sterling, Kane, Sturridge, Vardy, Walcott, Welbeck.

I like that squad, if Woy picks Rooney and Wilshere in the summer he needs to be sacked with immediate effect

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

he's going to pick rooney regardless, its a 24 man squad so one is going, i think delph will go too, wilshere is a no for me, i actually think rose is playing well enough to not need to think of rushing shaw back

id drop lallana, walcott and probably sturridge, im not sure sturridge has the reliability in him, if welback and sturridge end the season well then he's got a problem thats for sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lallana has played quite well for Liverpool under Klopp, I think he will go. I agree with you about Sturridge. if he can remain fit until the end of the season take him. Walcott I agree shouldn't go. Total underachiever. Is it too late for Shaw? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Is it too late for Shaw? 

i dont see the point personally, even if he came back this weekend, bertrand and rose are both doing fine this season, dont put the pressure on shaw to rush back to try and make the squad, he's 20 he's got plenty of years left in him, have the summer off, get properly fit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, KHV said:

I like that squad, if Woy picks Rooney and Wilshere in the summer he needs to be sacked with immediate effect

Barring major injury, Woy has already said Rooney is going as captain.

Edited by dAVe80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Barring major injury, Woy has already said Rooney is going as captain.

I wouldn't wish a major injury on any player but I think England would be a better team without Rooney doing his Captain Fantastic headless chicken act.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Barring major injury, Woy has already said Rooney is going as captain.

He was good at euro 2004 and he has been utter wank in every other tournament. He does well in qualifying and that's it. Plus he has been crap this season

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
32 minutes ago, KHV said:

He was good at euro 2004 and he has been utter wank in every other tournament. He does well in qualifying and that's it. Plus he has been crap this season

Against the likes of Moldova etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sturridge is still a very good striker....but with his injuries impact sub at best in this tournament.

Not a huge Welbeck fan but have been impressed by him since he came back from injury for Arsenal, played well.

More you look at it Walcott shouldn't be on that plane, been toss for ages now.

The five forwards will be Kane, Vardy, Rooney, Welbeck and Sturridge. That looks good to me, three with tournament experience and the two that don't are both having great scoring seasons in the prem and will be surprise elements. 

There's some options at last. At the last world cup Woy just played them all in the first 11 so you had to resort to Rickie Lambert being the striker coming off the bench, it's a lot better now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

to be fair to him roy is right with his attitude on rooney, people saying play vardy, play kane, if england has taught us anything its that PL form means **** all come a tournament

vardy's biggest enemy in the summer will be his own enthusiasm, he chases everything, he harasses defenders, he plays between the lines... we play italy, they pick him up because they haev that quality, he chases a nothing ball barzagli / chiellini steps across him and falls over winning a free kick because they have that experience

if everyone had their way we'd play a central midfield 3 with around 10 caps between them and 2 strikers with 10 caps between them

the reality is our in form team would also be the most inexperienced england team in history, its not going to happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, villa4europe said:

to be fair to him roy is right with his attitude on rooney, people saying play vardy, play kane, if england has taught us anything its that PL form means **** all come a tournament

vardy's biggest enemy in the summer will be his own enthusiasm, he chases everything, he harasses defenders, he plays between the lines... we play italy, they pick him up because they haev that quality, he chases a nothing ball barzagli / chiellini steps across him and falls over winning a free kick because they have that experience

if everyone had their way we'd play a central midfield 3 with around 10 caps between them and 2 strikers with 10 caps between them

the reality is our in form team would also be the most inexperienced england team in history, its not going to happen

Best thing is that Roy has options up front now with the emergence of Kane and Vardy. Sturridge was really poor last night, looks to me like hes lost a bit of pace. There has to be question marks about his place, Still think Rooney has something to offer. The team shouldnt be built around him though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

all the headlines today are about jack wilshere FFS

suggests woy has said something along the lines of he might still pick him even if he doesnt kick a ball for arsenal this season

and they wonder why people couldnt give a shit about england anymore

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â