Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OneNightInRotterdam

Next Manager/ Season

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, calcifer said:

 

The roller coaster that is Aston Villa is in full flow! Take over we are going up, talk of Moyes taking over as manager we are still going up, then the drop after he rules himself out, bigger drop when Pearson is now the front runner. We are now about to pass through the house of horrors! #$@#$ Pulis where is my vomit gif!!!

223635494c84aa3425c9dbc0466d728d.gif

have a lenny meme to go with it

cringery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Over-hyped in what way?  You get all kinds of comments about how you need "hardened pros" and "sluggers" in the Championship - as if it's some Sunday League kick-in-the-shins fest.  It's just not at all.

Quite a lot of recently promoted teams - Swansea, Southampton, Bournemouth, Watford, Leicester, Crystal Palace, and even Burnley and Reading to an extent - played really good stuff in getting promoted and staying in the Premier League in some cases.

No-one believes the league is "in Europe's elite" - but I reckon it's probably at a very similar standard to the Eredivisie or Primeria Liga, withholding a couple of notable teams in the latter, and probably has more money involved in it overall.

I think the physicality is over-hyped and people often describe it as the hardest league to get out of, which seems a bit ridiculous to me. I see what you're saying about teams playing good football there and I wouldn't disagree but I think when pundits talk about needing "hardened pros" they're referring to this myth of the Championship being filled with ultra-fit, ultra-strong hardmen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why has nobody mentioned the wage for moyes probably isnt anywhere near as high as the wage he would get from a prem team? Seems most likely reason iyam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gharperr said:

Why has nobody mentioned the wage for moyes probably isnt anywhere near as high as the wage he would get from a prem team? Seems most likely reason iyam. 

The club surely wouldn't be naive enough to offer Moyes a sub par salary, especially given their expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, calcifer said:

The roller coaster that is Aston Villa is in full flow! Take over we are going up, talk of Moyes taking over as manager we are still going up, then the drop after he rules himself out, bigger drop when Pearson is now the front runner. We are now about to pass through the house of horrors! #$@#$ Pulis where is my vomit gif!!!

 

I saw Aston Villa described as a "roller coaster" of a club somewhere else today. It is NOT a roller coaster supporting Villa. Not at all. you need as many highs as lows for that to be the case and all we get is low after low with the very occasional high. (Which turns out to be a low in the end)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Everton notoriously spend very little money compared to others clubs (certainly under Kenwright).  Moyes took them to 6th and moved on - they've gone backwards since he left.  Mental if Everton fans think the club should be top 4.

You do realise under Martinez, the first season after Moyes left, Everton actually managed to get their highest points tally in the premier league.

Yes I know it was downhill after that, but still - someone else came in lost their best player in Fellaini but still managed this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

You do realise under Martinez, the first season after Moyes left, Everton actually managed to get their highest points tally in the premier league.

Yes I know it was downhill after that, but still - someone else came in lost their best player in Fellaini but still managed this.

Yes - I do realise that.

They replaced Fellaini and Anichebe with Barry and Lukaku (initially on loan).  That's what money gets you dawg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think the physicality is over-hyped and people often describe it as the hardest league to get out of, which seems a bit ridiculous to me. I see what you're saying about teams playing good football there and I wouldn't disagree but I think when pundits talk about needing "hardened pros" they're referring to this myth of the Championship being filled with ultra-fit, ultra-strong hardmen.

I agree with this.  The best football teams tend to win leagues.  Drop any decent premier league outfit into the championship and they would walk it because they'd be too good for everyone, including those "hardened pros" and "scrappers' everyone talks about.  We need to build a better team that plays at a premier league level in the championship, that, with some team spirit and desire to fight, is the best way out of that league IMO. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is depressing. Just in from work, thought I'd have a little look at when Moyes is likely to be announced and find out he's not. 

Id like to say I never wanted him anyway but that's just not true. 

Ah well, I'd rather someone that wants to be here than someone we have to beg. I'm just a bit fed up that that pool is shrinking all the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Want to hear it off Moyes, not some gutter press!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

damn.. he would have been perfect. 

One of the most important thing about our next appointment is to unite the fans and give us reason to feel optimistic, Pearson would NOT unite the fans. 

Have you read this thread? Good luck with finding a candidate that unites the fans :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think di Matteo will get it over Pearson tbh

I hope so although i can see him giving us the middle finger and taking the Lazio job now we have failed to get Moyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Moyes doesn't want the job that is his choice. Just like it will be Tony's choice in six year's time to tell him to jog on when we are looking to replace Guardiola for failing to retain the Champions League ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â