Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

34 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Don't think Everton will be an option for him to be honest.  Watford meh!

Right now Watford are a more appealing option than us! Also IIRC they more or less bought an entire new team last summer for the premiership so not adverse to spending money. 

Surely the fact that Watford are even contemplating getting rid of Flores would make them less of an attractive proposition for Moyes?  They get through managers at a ridiculous rate, it's a bit of a miracle that it's worked.  I think it's between us and Celtic, we only have a chance if what King said about the next weeks turns into something positive.  I don't think he'd go back to Everton.

9 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Right now Watford are a more appealing option than us! Also IIRC they more or less bought an entire new team last summer for the premiership so not adverse to spending money. 

Depends what your looking for I suppose.....I get they are PL at the moment and we are not, but ffs they get excited if the attendance hits 20,000.

Out of interest what does IIRC mean?

11 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Depends what your looking for I suppose.....I get they are PL at the moment and we are not, but ffs they get excited if the attendance hits 20,000.

Out of interest what does IIRC mean?

Yeah and if no takeover and having to deal with Lerner etc etc. Clearly though Moyes is waiting to see who can offer him what he wants in the summer and they will be plenty of suitors for him in all likelihood. 

And yeah "If I remember correctly" because I quite like my head being on my shoulders.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Flores would be a good appointment I think as well if Watford got rid

Very good coach but has very little experience of being a manager at a club as he has nearly always worked with a Sporting Director

With the amount of interferance and the total chaos at this club, we will be extremely lucky if anyone at all takes the job.I am Villa for ever but I would not take the job the way things are.

Flores would be a good choice if he's sacked by Watford. Interestingly, I seem to recall him being really interested in the job 5 years ago when Houllier left (although obviously we were in a much better position then).

But would him not being British automatically disqualify him? Or has the departure of Bernstein changed that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Flores would be a good choice if he's sacked by Watford. Interestingly, I seem to recall him being really interested in the job 5 years ago when Houllier left (although obviously we were in a much better position then).

But would him not being British automatically disqualify him? Or has the departure of Bernstein changed that?

That's a good point as that could have been Bernstein and king who wanted it. Now both gone who knows. But I like Flores and he has the experience in the championship also

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That's a good point as that could have been Bernstein and king who wanted it. Now both gone who knows. But I like Flores and he has the experience in the championship also

he has never managed in Championship

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well actually he never managed them while they were in the Championship but I don't think that should exclude him.

What I will say about Flores though is that he has experience not only of keeping up a newly promoted club but also of bringing in a load of new players and integrating them quickly.