Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

55 minutes ago, sne said:

Makes sense for him.

Perfect place to rebuild his name and confidence in a place you are 100% guarantied to win the title

no manager has come out of that league with a big reputation since MON left Celtic in 05 and even then that was media garbage

13 hours ago, John said:

So it seems we may have a lengthy wait for a new manager to be appointed. We will be looking for a manager who we have to pay no compensation for, who will accept a short contract and low salary compared to what we have previously offered for the job. So we will be likely to be looking for a manager who is currently out of work and still will be when we come to seriously look at appointing one or someone who has reached the end of their contract or been sacked between now and then. In between time we have players that want away and that we want rid of as well as players to bring in but this will no doubt (other than in the case of accepting the odd cash bid for players) be put on hold until this phantom sale of the club falls through. I guess that sad news will be made public either when the ST renewals deadline has expired or near the end of the transfer window. What a shambles we have become under this so called "custodian".   

Yep we're going nowhere but down still under his regime. 

I've mentioned it numerous times but we've had a two month head start on Newcastle, Sunderland/Norwich plus about 8 teams in championship who don't know if they'll be promoted or not.

And we've going to waste even this opportunity because competant football people we finally appoint to the board don't want to work for Lerner. He also still can't sell the club so we can't get a decent manager in.

It's just so facking depressing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GarryBarry said:

Moyes has got the Celtic job. Gutted.  

Not sure how quickly it will be announced but if true we have missed a chance of a cracking manager

?

Hes just said he will wait until the summer..............

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Rangers say Hello .. Well they would but they are too busy celebrating the weekends victory over Celtic 

Well hello to them to :)

Will be fun to see if they can mount a serious challenge in their first season back, would be an epic failure for Celtic if they did.

16 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Then you are either deluded, or seriously in the "bite off your own nose to spite your face" camp.

I'm deluded because I'd rather have a different manager to Nigel Pearson?

OK, sure thing.

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

?

Hes just said he will wait until the summer..............

While this was what he chose to say to the press his comments surely point to Celtic!

Edited by Nigel

I'd take Celtic over Villa and I'm not even an ex Celtic player who was born and raised in Glasgow.  For Moyes it's a no brainer, surely?  He's still got two or three contracts left in him so rebuilding his reputation in Scotland before coming back to England in three years makes total sense, certainly when you compare it to putting fires out at a dysfunctional Championship club. 

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'd take Celtic over Villa and I'm not even an ex Celtic player who was born and raised in Glasgow.  For Moyes it's a no brainer, surely?  He's still got two or three contracts left in him so rebuilding his reputation in Scotland before coming back to England in three years makes total sense, certainly when you compare it to putting fires out at a dysfunctional Championship club. 

Pending on what happens with takeover. If (I know we can dream) a wealthy group comes in and takes over from villa you would've crazy not to take this job, as Scottish football is a joke. How many managers have been a success after leaving Celtic? Look at Neil Lennon he was terrible at Bolton. On,y mon had some success

Stepping back a little - if two members resign because they put inappropriate stuff in a email, does that really de rail our plans that much ? - Moyes was always a tall order IMO - But the other candidates remain gettable IMO - Perhaps with the exception of Dyche.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Perhaps with the exception of Dyche.

my only worry is how many next best thing managers have we had ... that have never fulfilled

my inclination would almost be Fat Sam or Bruce as a short term get us up project .... and then bin them a la Watford once they've done that job

or Moyes who can probably fullfill both roles , get us up and push us towards top half

Just can't seen anyone decent wanting to commit to us until the ownership/investment issue is sorted out - the whole thing is too unstable. Maybe they are delaying appointing anybody because they know things could change at the top in the next few weeks (as King suggested yesterday).  Best scenario is new owner takes over, makes statement of intent, we attract a better manager.  Fingers crossed.

If Moyes says he's waiting then he's clearly considering all the options. We HAVE to be a big option for him, he's already declared interest in us.

Newcastle and Celtic are obviously still in the mix as well, so he may well pick Villa, Newcastle and Celtic in that order.

If we don't get this guy, what the hell are we playing at?

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd take Pearson over Martinez.

Oh so would I.  From my POV Martinez's stock has fallen considerably after his Everton tenure (I fully expect him to be 'available' in the summer).  With Wigan there were always pros and cons to how he did.  Negative comparisons to previous managers offset by the fact that Wigan were a minnow punching above their weight in the Premier League.  So Everton were a steadier ship and a better benchmark for him.  First season was good but he has spectacularly failed to build his own winning team from that.  Wouldn't want him anywhere near us now.

Don't forget the rumours of Everton and Watford getting rid of their respective managers. Both will be in the premiership next season and he has the obvious connections with Everton too, less work than us and given the finances next season will without question have the same or more likely more money to spend. If we were set on Moyes, more options are coming by the day for him and he will be able to pick what he likes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Don't forget the rumours of Everton and Watford getting rid of their respective managers. Both will be in the premiership next season and he has the obvious connections with Everton too, less work than us and given the finances next season will without question have the same or more likely more money to spend. If we were set on Moyes, more options are coming by the day for him and he will be able to pick what he likes. 

Don't think Everton will be an option for him to be honest.  Watford meh!

7 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Now he's available and looking for work a whole host of clubs will be hunting him.

Choice is his obviously but as he's already come out and said he's interested and waiting til summer (possibly to see what randy does) then he's ours to lose.

.... But then of course we're a well run functional club with a generous and passionate owner so we should have no problem!

tick tock randy!