Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OneNightInRotterdam

Next Manager/ Season

Recommended Posts

With this car crash of a season drawing to a close, I wondered what people's thoughts on our immediate future concerning next season are. With GardeWho do you think will be our next manager? Who do you want? And what sort of players will we target? Etc etc.

I personally see Garde Fox, Reilly and Almstadt leaving. Either Steve Bruce or Mark Warburton would be good IMO. I think it could be a summer of massive upheaval. Would be interested to see what everyone else thinks.  

If Garde does stay do you guys think he'll have what it takes to promote us back up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mate I don't hopefully he will leave , Sherwood was totally slated and rightly so for the start of the season . However Garde is loved by lots of villa fans for being a very nice gentlemen. His record is appalling he had no experience of English premier league . I do not accept it's not his team or his players . He is a football coach paid to coach  and  motivate players, he hadn't shown anything for me.  we need a proven championship manager who know that league and a proven track record in it. Nigel Pearson obvious choice for me. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

No mate I don't hopefully he will leave , Sherwood was totally slated and rightly so for the start of the season . However Garde is loved by lots of villa fans for being a very nice gentlemen. His record is appalling he had no experience of English premier league . I do not accept it's not his team or his players . He is a football coach paid to coach  and  motivate players, he hadn't shown anything for me.  we need a proven championship manager who know that league and a proven track record in it. Nigel Pearson obvious choice for me. 

While I have  been much more patient and a bigger supporter of Garde over Sherwood and Lambert, I am starting to have my reservations. While I don't beleove  in the "English experience" malarkey, I agree he is hardly motivating and t he players simply aren't performing for him. 

For me, he is the right man at the wrong time.

Pearson will get players putting a shift in for him, that's for sure.

i reckon Bruce could jump ship if Hull capitulate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

**** Nigel Pearson. That would be yet another kick in the bollocks. 

Garde will go and I think he should as will Fox and Riley. Almstadt I don't know, I still have noooo idea what he does. As for the next manager? I'm not sure. He will have one HELL of a job on his hands clearing the decks and that's only if the eejits give him the tools, which is almost impossible to see right now. I've got zero faith in them getting it right and it's troubling me dearly, obviously!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

**** Nigel Pearson. That would be yet another kick in the bollocks. 

Garde will go and I think he should as will Fox and Riley. Almstadt I don't know, I still have noooo idea what he does. As for the next manager? I'm not sure. He will have one HELL of a job on his hands clearing the decks and that's only if the eejits give him the tools, which is almost impossible to see right now. I've got zero faith in them getting it right and it's troubling me dearly, obviously!

I wouldn't be happy with him, but he'd get the players peroming better than this. Sad state we are in... Almstadt is basically paid to help with transfers and working on Cutting edge training technology from what I remember. All his done so far though is fall out with two different managers and bugger off to Dubai for a week (this week). 

Dp you not have more faith with the board appointments? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm taking a sabbatical if it's Pearson (although I reserve the right to watch his excruciating press conferences)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at least it wont be Karanka who seem people wanted, that fella threw a tantrum his master Mourinho be proud of

I second Warburton though 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, settle villa said:

Sean Dyche for me if Burnley don't get promoted. If not Chris Hughton 

Dyche wouldn't touch us with a bargepole. His got a good thing going on a Burnley for now. Chris Hughton I can get behind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone at the very top will need to have big balls to do what's really necessary and that is to get rid of a big group of players, including: Hutton, Guzan, Lescott, Richards, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Sinclair - for starters. That may well need contracts being terminated and then having to replace them all with people who want to actually play and give a shit, for the club. 

Personally, I don't see that happening. Therefore, the board have to do the next best thing and bring in a no-nonsense manager to sort the trouble-makers out. Someone like - dare I say it - Nigel Pearson or Ian Holloway. 

Either way, I don't think we will get back up into the Premier League at the first attempt. I think we'll be down there for 2-3 seasons at least. 

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

Someone at the very top will need to have big balls to do what's really necessary and that is to get rid of a big group of players, including: Hutton, Guzan, Lescott, Richards, Agbonlahor, Westwood, Sinclair - for starters. That may well need contracts being terminated and then having to replace them all with people who want to actually play and give a shit, for the club. 

Personally, I don't see that happening. Therefore, the board have to do the next best thing and bring in a no-nonsense manager to sort the trouble-makers out. Someone like - dare I say it - Nigel Pearson or Ian Holloway. 

Ethan way, I don't think we will get back up into the Premier League at the first attempt. I think we'll be down there for 2-3 seasons at least. 

Pretty much How I see it. I hope you're wrong about promotion, but my gut is telling me it could be a few years.  Turbulent times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OneNightInRotterdam said:

I wouldn't be happy with him, but he'd get the players perfoming better than this. Sad state we are in... Almstadt is basically paid to help with transfers and working on Cutting edge training technology from what I remember. All his done so far though is fall out with two different managers and bugger off to Dubai for a week (this week). 

Dp you not have more faith with the board appointments? 

That's a very complicated question. The short answer is yes. Enough? No.  

I love Brian Little and I trust him, but the "adviser" role is way too vague a title. I have no idea what influence he will have. Same goes for Bernstein who I also admire greatly being on the board of directors, doing what exactly? If they would tell us maybe we would be able to picture it but the fact remains that communication is incredibly poor from the top. Astonishingly so. I can't get my head around it. It's actually so poor that it's pathetic, totally amateur. When we appointed King, 1 paragraph quote, 1 local radio interview that I can't seem to find available anywhere and still absolutely no clue what role he has within the structure. 

I'm not being funny and probably am being a bit big headed, but if a fan's protest group none of whom have any relevant experience in the media can disseminate information to the point it spreads like wildfire amongst the supporter base, why the hell can't professionals who went to uni to study this subject and get paid to do so? I'll answer that myself, no passion. Hopefully Little can inject some of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hughton would be a good shout assuming Brighton don't go up. Potentially top of my list.

 

Personally I think Garde will be here next season, like it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Someone like - dare I say it - Nigel Pearson or Ian Holloway.

7dGofNf.gif (225×183)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That's a very complicated question. The short answer is yes. Enough? No.  

I love Brian Little and I trust him, but the "adviser" role is way too vague a title. I have no idea what influence he will have. Same goes for Bernstein who I also admire greatly being on the board of directors, doing what exactly? If they would tell us maybe we would be able to picture it but the fact remains that communication is incredibly poor from the top. Astonishingly so. I can't get my head around it. It's actually so poor that it's pathetic, totally amateur. When we appointed King, 1 paragraph quote, 1 local radio interview that I can't seem to find available anywhere and still absolutely no clue what role he has within the structure. 

I'm not being funny and probably am being a bit big headed, but if a fan's protest group none of whom have any relevant experience in the media can disseminate information to the point it spreads like wildfire amongst the supporter base, why the hell can't professionals who went to uni to study this subject and get paid to do so? I'll answer that myself, no passion. Hopefully Little can inject some of that. 

Think that's a valid point and it sums up the running of the club since Lerner took it over. It's been shambloic. I am deeply worried that the Bernstien and Little won't be listened to. Let's hope they are more involved than we think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Hughton would be a good shout assuming Brighton don't go up. Potentially top of my list.

 

Personally I think Garde will be here next season, like it or not.

If there is a clear out from top to bottom at board level, Fox and Riley basically and they can promise him a complete clear out of the squad then there is a decent possibility he will be. Fox and Riley will almost certainly go I'd think, but part two of that seems like a pipe dream at the minute and I can't see how Garde can work with them. Through little fault of his own, IMO, in the main they won't play for him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
Â