Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

2 hours ago, TRO said:

You say "Tomartoes" I say "TomAtoes"

It's Tom-ar-toes.

Are we any nearer to appointing anyone?

I was hopeful it'd be before the bank holiday was over, but I'm not confident in that.

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

+1

Best news we've had all week.

And if it leads to RDM being appointed then all the better. Not my first choice, but a better manager and a better person than Nigel Pearson so we'll have done the right thing, even if it's by luck and not judgement.

Completely agree, we don't want somebody like him in our club the way it is, it's already toxic.

Interesting that Xia said that he wants somebody confident that they can get us back in the prem in one season. Maybe Moyes, who would be understandably a bit low in self-belief given his failures of late, didn't feel that he could do it? 

Going up straight away is certainly ambitious but I don't think it's totally unrealistic and I agree with Xia that it's important to get someone who believes that it's doable. 

No to RDM, no to Pearson. Both uninspiring.

If I had to choose, I'd choose RDM because he isn't a word removed.

Right..so who do you want?

Before you answer, just think about the state of the club, the squad, and the division we're in next season.

Now who do you think we can attract?

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

Some real deluded posts in here.

Championship club, worst squad ever. Still no confirmed owner, board.

Yet some are sticking their nose up at the likes of Pearson, RDM, Bruce etc

Laughable.

Fans are being ambitious not deluded. If our new owners do have the financial clout thats being suggested, they could quite easily put the right £££ & T&C's package together and attract anyone within reason. 

Be fearful when those around you are greedy and be greedy when those around you are fearful!..

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I am not alone in thinking Pearson not all that. I decided to ask people in the office what they thought of Pearson as a manager. Nearly everyone i spoke to at work yesterday said he is vastly overrated, a Forest fan and a Leeds fan said they would not like him been their manager!

5 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I am not alone in thinking Pearson not all that. 

No, I think many think he really isn't a very good manager. Even without having any issue with his personality.

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

If we appoint RDM - to me its new owners = same old villa.

That's a massive leap to make over merely one managerial appointment

(before we even get into it actually being a good appointment)

Just now, Stevo985 said:

That's a massive leap to make over merely one managerial appointment

(before we even get into it actually being a good appointment)

True.

But last season I despaired as Allardyce joined Sunderland and we appointed Garde. I feel the same now about RDM. (Even worse if he come with a DOF).

Xia says he will be more hands on - hopefully he will learn quickly that you can't botch the managers position.

I take your point about Allardyce and Garde, but who is it we're missing out on by appointing RDM?

Other than Moyes there's no stand out candidate.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Christer said:

Its clear that no matter who the new manager will be, there will be lot of moaners among villa fans, because we are "a big club"

I disagree - first and foremost we need a strong manager to stamp his authority of the dressing room - get the basics in place - then the playing squad needs a major overhaul. RDM whilst a well decorated manager, doesn't have the attributes in that area. IMO his appointment will very quickly end in tears. and the usual excuses for him will be trotted out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

True.

But last season I despaired as Allardyce joined Sunderland and we appointed Garde. I feel the same now about RDM. (Even worse if he come with a DOF).

Xia says he will be more hands on - hopefully he will learn quickly that you can't botch the managers position.

Who is your choice now Moyes has pulled out?

2 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Some real deluded posts in here.

Championship club, worst squad ever. Still no confirmed owner, board.

Yet some are sticking their nose up at the likes of Pearson, RDM, Bruce etc

Laughable.

You'd look at Newcastle though who are also a shambles and they've got Rafa in. Plus you'd also look at the new owner's apparent desire to pump cash in and get us back up first time of trying. 

I wouldn't stick my nose up at RDM or Pearson but we do need to be aiming at a reasonable height here. Bruce wouldn't do for me because he's ex-Blues and a bit of a dick. The fans would never take to him. 

• Like 1