Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

I do not think w will wait for an official takeover to appoint a new manager. Or for a takeover to be officially announced

Similar to MONs arrival or do you just not believe the Takeover has any substance?

6 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

that's fair enough Dave

Personally, I think the appointment will be overshadowed by the inevitable Media Circus, baying for another Ostrich quote and ready to knock him off the pedestal of praise for 'building' the Champions Leicester as soon as things don't go well.

I've never been impressed with Pearson's tactics, wherever he has managed - be it Hull, Southampton or Leicester (twice) and I wasn't impressed with the manner in which he behaved on the sidelines and in the press conferences during his second stint there (the throttling, shoving and telling his own fans to eff-off and die - classy). 

To me, in interviews and press conferences he comes across as wanting to be Jose Mourinho but he's more Mike Basset - the media love this and will goad him relentlessly.

I acknowledge he played his part in assembling the squad that have just won the league (at a canter) but cannot help but see that they've done much better without him at the helm - for instance Jamie Vardy, under Pearson scored 5 league goals in 2014/2015 season in 34 appearances....

Do I think he could do any better with our current squad - No. The influential players don't care for the club and to me, is beyond repair in the fans eyes. If we're to get rid of those troublemakers, why hire a 'ball-buster' like Pearson?

I personally would prefer someone to come in and establish a style of play, from top to bottom including the youth set-ups. This would take time but would benefit us more than a 1-3 season fix with Pearson.

Ultimately, I don't want the Manager's behaviour overshadowing what is going on on the pitch - yes, a year out may have mellowed him but we may be walking into a years pent-up frustration and angst.

I totally agree with you regarding his off-field antics- but this is where I repeat that people can realise their own shortcomings and change- I don't want any of that bully boy nonsense at the villa, however I do believe he has the skill set needed to navigate a " quick as possible return to the premier " and to fair Mouriniho/fergie/Saunders/Ancellotti combined wouldn't get a tune out of our bunch of half wits, but with a huge slice of luck we can bin a fair percentage of them- giving him something to work with. Yes he's been objectionable, yes he's been arrogant in the past, but right now for me he is our best option.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard said:

I do not think w will wait for an official takeover to appoint a new manager. Or for a takeover to be officially announced

If we appoint a manager before a takeover is announced, it will probably mean there will be no takeover.

Rodgers it seems isn't getting the Swansea job, I wonder if his ego would drop down a league if our new owner is a gazzilionaire? Would prefer him to Pearson, McCarthy, Bruce, Hughton etc by a country mile. Hard choice between him and Moyes in my eyes though. 

Without much knowledge of how good they really are, just by looking at what they've done, where they are in their careers, what experience they have, and gut feeling, I'd take, in order:

Hughton

Rodgers

Moyes

I don't mind Pearson, but it scares me he hasn't worked for a while with any other backroom staff than those staying in Leicester (right?)

Edited by bojong

I see Rodgers is being linked with WBA. Surely with new owners and with even being in the championship we are a bigger draw. He got Swansea promoted playing attractive attacking football. Did ok at Pool. And I believe he could get the best out of  out attacking talent. 

8 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I see Rodgers is being linked with WBA. Surely with new owners and with even being in the championship we are a bigger draw. He got Swansea promoted playing attractive attacking football. Did ok at Pool. And I believe he could get the best out of  out attacking talent. 

Who'd have thought pre Gerrard slipping that in 2 years time fans of a championship club would be considering Rodgers for manager.

So much can change so quickly in football.  Can't see Rodgers having too many options this summer. Swansea seems closed off. Everton won't go near him. Poss Southampton if koeman is tempted away. Celtic ? Or the chance of rebuilding Villa in our new golden era ;) . He seems to tick most boxes for me. 

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I agree about Rodgers - but what attacking talent 

Rodgers like Moyes will have zero interest in this club, their ego is ridiculous and think should be at top end of Premier League, same for Martinez if he becomes available