Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Tottenham

limpid

23 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Twitter reports say stewards took two banners away one towards the end of the game which caused a commotion....Spurs' fans joining in "who the **** are you" chant towards stewards, and anti-lerner chants. 

Yea they took the banners from them and then threw the guys out the ground....

an yea 3000 spurs fans singing we want learner out! I it seemed like it was out of respect for our fans...

they then started a chorus of learner for Arsenal lol .... A lot of mutual appreciation between the two sets of fans today

• Like 4

I've never cared much for Tottenham, but they're probably the first set of fans to not look ecstatic about us going down.

They joined in with "We want Lerner out", and started up "Lerner to Arsenal". I hope they beat Leicester to the title.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

huge gulf between the sides today, this team is done,this manager appointed is not the right man at this time i feel,

i dont think this squad will hold its own next year,i dont trust fox & co do do the job

villa need villa men in, yes sir brain is back but we need more, its going to get worse before it gets better,

Wasn't awful today but we were playing against a top four team and you really could tell.  I feel the effort was there but the gulf in quality was immense.  Walker down their right - wow, how fit he must be as never stopping running all game.  Guzan MOTM.  Only two plus points from today for me was that we didn't get hammered and that a 17 year old came on and didn't look out of place with his more experienced peers.  Hats off to Andre Green. 

Edited by ferguson1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I've never cared much for Tottenham, but they're probably the first set of fans to not look ecstatic about us going down.

They joined in with "We want Lerner out", and started up "Lerner to Arsenal". I hope they beat Leicester to the title.

Everton were the same!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

part of me wants spurs to beat leiceser to it as well.

Great news!  I finally managed to varnish the fence and pout up some outside lights this afternoon. Didn't even bother looking at the score until 20 minutes ago after a nice hot shower, some  roast beef and a glass of wine. 

And i've still got £100 inn my pocket that I'd normally have spent at VP. 

• Like 2

We weren't *that* bad. The lack of movement is shocking, but we held our own for vast periods of the game against a side second in the league.

Once more, if they'd gone out and delivered us a proper striker. One wot can finish and that.