David Bernstein

PompeyVillan

Agree entirely. The club is a shambles and the board appointments are the first step in the right direction. Get rid of the tool who owns the club and knows nothing about "soccer" and get a sensible head back in charge with a bit of cash and replace the whole scouting division (Most of whom must have spent the time holidaying in the south of France. Ramp up Kevin Macdonalds influence in the youth/reserve and first team set up and lets get back on track.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Very good appointment, someone who has worked in football and knows how clubs are run. 

Something we haven't had since Fitzgerald walked out of the door

• Like 2

A football man to go with a Villa man. These are some early positive steps (we might even get a couple of Manchester City players on loan given the time he spent there). I think all involved with OTDO74 have done a superb job in starting to get the ball rolling in the right direction. More needs to be done by the club but it is nice to see the start of what could end up being something big happening at Villa Park but it is still a start rather than an end I would suggest.     

• Like 4

Excellent appointment - the best news we've had for a very very long time.

Crucially, it looks like there is a definite move (presumably fully sanctioned) to completely divorce the Club from the Owner - something we have all been praying for.  If, as I suspect, they have been given total control and the authority to create their own culture - absolutely critical - this could be the beginning of the end of the downward trajectory.

Long, long way to go, and much depends on whether Hollis is Lerners 'presence' or not (hopefully not), but the raw ingredients are now there at Board Level to begin functioning as a Club with a distinctly different culture to the one of apathy and weakness enshrined by Lerner. And such a distinct and upper level cultural change is the vital first (only first) step.

• Like 3

This apointment along with Brian Little throws up a serious question, when did Aston Villa last have a proper Board?, because to me this looks like we now have one for the first time in a long time. Aggregated with the likes of M King, I can't see this group accepting the appointments as Puppets.

2 hours ago, John said:

These are some early positive steps (we might even get a couple of Manchester City players on loan given the time he spent there). 

I prefer if they took back their rubbish they left here

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I prefer if they took back their rubbish they left here

I think they are highly unlikely to do that but we could make use of one or two of their young or fringe players next season. 

Just now, John said:

I think they are highly unlikely to do that but we could make use of one or two of their young or fringe players next season. 

going off topic I dont want do any business with them again, still traumatised from Ireland, Sinclair, Lescott and Richards wearing our shirt with "pride"

With the first two appointments to the board this year, I was critical that they were both business and accounting strengths.  I was concerned that a focus on change with the only expertise being business and finance was alarming.  Clearly, I think both additions are a very good sign for better decisions in the future.

7 hours ago, terrytini said:

Crucially, it looks like there is a definite move (presumably fully sanctioned) to completely divorce the Club from the Owner

I wish this was true, but I can't imagine Lerner will completely extricate himself from the big decisions.

57 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Recruit more on high wages without getting rid of the clowns we have already. Makes sense when we're making big losses already

I cannot see fantastic mr fox being here much longer tbh after these appointments.