bringbackbigron

I'm still trying to work out who he's going to be advising.

His role was to advise the football board but we don't have one now.

I have to say, I did see a faint glimmer of hope with this new set up. Brian spoke positively about it and claimed that they'd hit it off straight away.

Clearly the spoilt brat over in America isn't going to fund any project so there really isn't much point having a football board, let alone an advisor to one.

I actually feel lower about the whole mess than I did in January after Wycombe or even after the Liverpool 0-6. I thought then that a line would be drawn in the summer and a battle plan drawn up to return to the prem. The changes at board level seemed to indicate this.

Now we've had it all but confirmed that Lerner is a liar-He cares nothing for our club and will do everything possible to protect his wallet.

I heard Stan Collymore talk about his concerns for sharks buying us last night. Back in 2006, we were bought by the biggest shark of them all-Anything has to be better than Lerner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

I think there has been talk of Little's role finishing at the end of the season, which isn't far away. (Although, given the current shenanigans, it's interesting to speculate on who spread that idea - the ones who have just departed or the ones still standing?)

So maybe Little doesn't feel the need to resign.

But I would love him to write a letter nonetheless explaining why he is staying - why he feels it's OK to stay on while two of his fellow football board members felt there were issues so fundamental they had to resign forthwith. Would be an interesting read!

I would think.... BL's role has not changed, He is advisor to Hollis and working at level below the board. The other 2 were hired to do a job as board members  and as soon as they came to a conclusion about the way forward and made a recommendation they were over ruled or ignored. Thus they felt their position was unworkable.  Just a guess mind you 1+1 =

Edited by Texas_Mike

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If he's interested in managing then it makes it all the more weird why we didn't have him step in as caretaker instead of that idiot Black.

Wouldn't exactly have done wonders for his reputation though.

2 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Apparently Mr Little has applied for managers position at Port Vale. Does that mean he doesn't see his services being required with us any longer? 

Wasn't the main part of his initial brief to help with the search for a new manager?  (Or am I making that up / misremembering?)  With the arrival of RDM and SC I think it is fair to say that he has done his job.  Would still like to think that there could be a role for him at the club - maybe working with RDM / SC on player recruitment (?) - as there is no doubting his passion for the club.

im sure i read somewhere that the new chairman wants little to stay on, which would be great as he could act as the go between, between coaching team and directors

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Apparently Mr Little has applied for managers position at Port Vale. Does that mean he doesn't see his services being required with us any longer? 

Maybe he has but Jose Moraio (Mourinhos ex assistant) has the job 

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

I would be surprised because as recently as last month as caretaker manager for Jersey he indicated that he didn't really want to manage anymore. It would be great if he stayed on in the board under the new owners. It would be very useful to have a true Villa man on the board with no axe to grind giving out 40+ years plus experience to the new owner,CEO and manager.

http://villatillidie.co.uk/2016/06/04/breaking-brian-little-applies-for-managerial-job-in-the-football-league/

Aston Villa were dealt a blow this weekend with the news that Brian Little has applied for the managerial job at League One club Port Vale.

After joining the Villa board in an advisory role earlier this year, many Villans were rightly hopefully that his presence at the club would be of huge benefit going forward.

But sources close to Villa Till I Die as well as reports in the print edition of the Stoke Sentinel (there has been nothing published online as of yet) which is a local news outlet for the Stoke-On-Trent area have confirmed that Little has thrown his hat in the ring for the Port Vale manager’s job. 

With other board members such as David Bernstein jumping ship in recent times, the news that Little is also a want-away does not bode well for Villa’s maiden season in the English Championship this year.

10 hours ago, Duck said:

Wouldn't exactly have done wonders for his reputation though.

maybe but if he did the job and played some kids instead of Bacuna, Sinclair and Richards etc. I think results couldnt have been worse but fans would still get behind him

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

Would be a good job for him as he lives near Stoke .

That Villa till I die article is sensationalised nonsense.  Little was here under the old regime, it is perfectly reasonable for him to expect that there will not be a place for him at the club in the Peoples Republic of Aston Villa.  I'd like it if he stayed, but he may well think that he is no longer required as the state of emergency in the club seems to have passed.  Good luck to him if he wants another job, I don't see how it reflects poorly on him or on the club he is leaving.  The headline could just as easily be, honorable, sensible man does another sensible thing. 

• Like 1

Â