bringbackbigron

I wanted Dennis Mortimer on the board as the "football adviser".  I like Brian a lot though and one thing he cares about the club,  genuinely he does.  In the main the fan base care about him . So as an attempt by the management to introduce someone to help the club and fanbase reconnect a bit more it is not a bad attempt

On 4. April 2016 at 19:12, blandy said:

I used to be Brian Little, in the playground and in Kickabouts

(in my mind).

(sometimes I was Giddy, too, or Sid, but mainly BL)

Anyone remember Brian Godfrey?

or

Barry Hole

I used to love watching Willie Anderson

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking today that Brian may have a similar role to play as  the great Fredrick Rinder at Villa. A man brought back to the board after relegation in the 30s who appointed a far thinking football coach in Jimmy Hogan, who got Villa promoted. A similar result again would be great.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 3

On 4/5/2016 at 11:48, VillaCas said:

My favourite ever Villa player

When you look back in the archives, he was a very special player.

I was regular pal to Andy Gray in my youth and he absolutely revered him....He would often state what a tremendous player he was to play alongside.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2016 at 13:15, Richard said:

Interesting stat,  we have some descendants of barry hole playing for us now.

Didn't Oscar Arse play at a similar time

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

As long as Little doesn't resign we may have hope. If he does, then something is very, very rotten.

As an advisor, and not a board member - his input is smaller and perhaps he doesn't need to.

I think there has been talk of Little's role finishing at the end of the season, which isn't far away. (Although, given the current shenanigans, it's interesting to speculate on who spread that idea - the ones who have just departed or the ones still standing?)

So maybe Little doesn't feel the need to resign.

But I would love him to write a letter nonetheless explaining why he is staying - why he feels it's OK to stay on while two of his fellow football board members felt there were issues so fundamental they had to resign forthwith. Would be an interesting read!

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think there has been talk of Little's role finishing at the end of the season, which isn't far away. (Although, given the current shenanigans, it's interesting to speculate on who spread that idea - the ones who have just departed or the ones still standing?)

So maybe Little doesn't feel the need to resign.

But I would love him to write a letter nonetheless explaining why he is staying - why he feels it's OK to stay on while two of his fellow football board members felt there were issues so fundamental they had to resign forthwith. Would be an interesting read!

Money talks even for BL - Maybe there is a whiff of a job ......

19 hours ago, TRO said:

There can only be ...one Queen Bee

HDE proved that for many years

i had an idea it would end up like this.

too many cocks.......

Go on then. I'll do the obvious.

Â