bringbackbigron

23 hours ago, DCJonah said:

A short term advisor deal announced after fan protests get national media coverage. 

And people think it wasn't a pr move. 

It wasn't. There had been talks to bring in Little well before the protests even got going. So my sources tell me lol 

But yeah, having Little looking at targets is ridiculous. No offense to him, but the game has moved on. But it's what a majority of fans wanted. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Birmingham mail reporting he will be looking at targets. 

This is beginning to look like a good idea that ends badly. Like a lot of decisions made under Randy Lerner. 

Little is going to be manager at some point, isn't he? :(

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be very unhappy with that. The last few years of his career have been filled with clubs no where near the level we are or will be next season. 

I agree but then I don't think he could do worse than almdstat, he has overseen nothing but shite in terms of recruitment. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be very unhappy with that. The last few years of his career have been filled with clubs no where near the level we are or will be next season. 

He might bring back Savo and Curcic :)

• Like 2

Having a 40% win ratio in nearly 800 games suggests to me he knows a thing or two about the game. I don't really think his heart was in it post Villa, but he did decent jobs at Hull and Tranmere as well. I just don't see a downside for Little coming back to help the club he loves. He won't be the sole answer to our woes, but should be part of the solution.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Having a 40% win ratio in nearly 800 games suggests to me he knows a thing or two about the game. I don't really think his heart was in it post Villa, but he did decent jobs at Hull and Tranmere as well. I just don't see a downside for Little coming back to help the club he loves. He won't be the sole answer to our woes, but should be part of the solution.

Hull and Tranmere fans love him IIRC. Isn't he credited with saving them both from administration?

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hull and Tranmere fans love him IIRC. Isn't he credited with saving them both from administration?

I don't know about Tranmere but Little certainly stopped the rot at Hull. That was when they were at Boothferry and had no money. And Tranmere fans would be pretty pleased with a league one playoff spot and FA Quarters now.

Edited by The Fun Factory

• 3 weeks later...

Truth be told, I am a Wrexham fan first and foremost as my hometown team. Little came in with zero fight and was terrible (he was my hero growing up as Villa manager and I used to send him letter after letter in the post with replies at times). He let Matty Done leave at around 20 years old when he took Wrexham into the Conference, 95% of fans loved Done and saw his potential and he has gone on to have a good career in the football league when deemed not good enough in the Conference under Little. 

Little was ace in the 90's for Villa with the 4th place finishes but I can assure you that doesn't count for very much in this day and age in the PL. I will always love Brian Little but he's a shell of the 90's Villa hero. After Wrexham he went to Gainsborough Trinity where he had a ton of money compared to most in the league yet struggled to even get in the top half of the table if memory serves me right. 

It's not what people want to hear but Brian Little having a big influence in decision making nowadays is not something to cheer about imo. Times have changed, the game has changed. 

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 23:52, Zatman said:

He might bring back Savo and Curcic :)

I watched the 96/97 (or maybe 95/96) season in review the other day.... how good were both those players. To think Savo was backup to Yorke. Dont forget Fernando Nelson.... what a head of hair. 

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Loved milosevic.

Curcic played a handful of games in a couple of years and was horse shit.

He used to live/rent in symphony court, When Brindley Place was under construction  (think it may have been the crescent theatre or Hilton hotel phase) some nose's were singing to him from the scaffold so he came round to the site and kicked off with the agent. 

As the agent were Villa... All the noses got the sack :D

• Like 2

This really is like a "duck shoot"

Every appointment is wrong and every move is frowned upon.

What are these guys to do ....leave it as it is?

When we are appraising the candidates for the new managers job.....It is highly, very highly unlikely that the CV is going to be flawless.....We will not attract those guys......its almost pointless making the point.

We have cocked up many times and we could well do so again....but we must try our hardest to get a man that can make an impact in turning this ship around.

He may not be the right man for the long term.....but right now we have a massive indiscipline problem at BMH and it requires IMMEDIATE attention.

It is unlikely we are going to find someone that can tick every box imaginable, but we must first identify the most pressing need  and match that man to that piece of criteria.

The depths we have sunk it may take more than one manager to get us back to respectability.

Ps On another note there will come a time very shortly when the negativity that is well justified has to stop.....The changes must be given a chance.

• Like 4

I fully agree TRO. I sometimes think that Villa fans have been fed up for that long that negativity is the only response known. 

Football, like life, is much better with some optimism. Let's hope that these new board members can start to rebuild Villa. They might fail, they might not. But criticising from off won't help. 

• Like 3

Â