bringbackbigron

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

first game I ever went to was Villa v Man Utd, I was 11 years old, opening game 3-1 to the villa, sitting in the lower Holte,  got back from the match jumped in the car and drove to Weymouth.

Shamefully I can’t remember what my first game was but I think it was Sheffield Wednesday and I was around 14. Regi blinker scored the first and then we won 4-1. Can’t remember who scored for us though although I’m sure a player got a hatrick. I blame the booze for my shit memory.

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Shamefully I can’t remember what my first game was but I think it was Sheffield Wednesday and I was around 14. Regi blinker scored the first and then we won 4-1. Can’t remember who scored for us though although I’m sure a player got a hatrick. I blame the booze for my shit memory.

My first was under Ron Atkinson. Sheffield Wednesday at home in 1993. I was 13. 2 all. 

When Neil Cox scored for Villa the Holte End started singing 'We've got Cox and you aint' at full volume. Amazing day which cemented me as a Villa fan.

Brian Little was my favourite manager growing up though. Not only because of the Coca Cola Cup, but some of the football we played under him was sublime. The players had real character too. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul33 said:

1977 League Cup Semi Final at Highbury - massive Villa day out and a hat-trick from Brian Little. One of those nights !!!

11 goals in that competition that season. Basically he won the club for us, especially with the two goals at Goodison. One word, one word only legend. Arguably the greatest ever player to wear our famous colours 

• Like 3

On 03/09/2021 at 22:08, PaulC said:

Hes my all time favourite Villa player. The highlight for me was going to white hart lane on the night world cup winners Ardilles and Rikki Villa made their debuts. Gregory played up front for us and Villa won 4-1 and Brian Lilttle was superb and stole the show. 

I was on holiday with my Mom and Dad at Harlech Wales, in a caravan.  I believe it was a night game and we were trying to get radio updates. One of the newspapers next day had a back page headline, “Villa 1 -  Villa 4.”

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I was on holiday with my Mom and Dad at Harlech Wales, in a caravan.  I believe it was a night game and we were trying to get radio updates. One of the newspapers next day had a back page headline, “Villa 1 -  Villa 4.”

In those days all you got for midweek games were updates on local radio every hour or so. 

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

In those days all you got for midweek games were updates on local radio every hour or so. 

Yes and we were in Wales so I’m not sure we got anything. I remember the headline the next day, so that could have been the first time I knew the result. Happy memory though. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Was manager when I first started following the Villa. Great attacking team back then!

Bosnich

Charles - Ugo - Macca - Southgate - Wright

Draper - Taylor - Townsend

Yorke - Savo

Great team that was

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Slightly off topic - but that headline reminds me of the first one I ever read "Villa 11 Hitchens 5"  - 62 years ago. 

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
Â