bringbackbigron

30 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • He was a great player
  • He was a decent manager for us
  • He is a very decent fella of who is approachable.
  • He clearly knows the business
  • Has Villa at Heart.

what more do we want on the board?

He isn't on the board though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He will be advising them away from a moneyball strategy.

He will be advising them on the player, not the money, its their job to negotiate the deal.

We have spent money on Randy Lerners watch......What we can't do, is spot talent that will find its way in to our team and give/add value.

We have so many players we have fully amortised in the last 10 years, because we can't sell them and they have turned out no good for us......There has been TOO many.

What owner can/is willing to keep that up.

Brian may help with that.

I love Sir Brian, and his time as our manager was mostly brilliant, but look at his CV.  The last 10 years have seen him with Gainsborough Trinity, unemployed and now at Jersey.  What's he done of late to suggest that he'd have known that most of the players we've signed would turn out to be crap?  We spent a fortune on players in the summer, but for similar money West Ham got Payet and we got Gana or Veretout.

24 minutes ago, Risso said:

I love Sir Brian, and his time as our manager was mostly brilliant, but look at his CV.  The last 10 years have seen him with Gainsborough Trinity, unemployed and now at Jersey.  What's he done of late to suggest that he'd have known that most of the players we've signed would turn out to be crap?  We spent a fortune on players in the summer, but for similar money West Ham got Payet and we got Gana or Veretout.

Precisely

Other than Steve Walsh.....who can you hang your hat on to bring in value for money......I don't know all the names

but I suspect, we have a bit more of a chance with Brian around.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A short term advisor deal announced after fan protests get national media coverage. 

And people think it wasn't a pr move. 

Brian Little would not be part of this if it's not in the best long term interests of AVFC as far as i know.  I think you give the current board far too much credit,  they are not and never will be able to have Brian Little over as you suggest.  He is not a stupid bloke.  He is advising the board on a subject that most if not all have no knowledge of at all,  if I was on the board I would probably listen to him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

A short term advisor deal announced after fan protests get national media coverage. 

And people think it wasn't a pr move. 

Definite and blatant PR move.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Brian Little would not be part of this if it's not in the best long term interests of AVFC as far as i know.  I think you give the current board far too much credit,  they are not and never will be able to have Brian Little over as you suggest.  He is not a stupid bloke.  He is advising the board on a subject that most if not all have no knowledge of at all,  if I was on the board I would probably listen to him.

Brian Little probably thinks he can offer some help even in a short term role. I keep reading that Brian Little wouldn't accept the role if it wasn't important. He's being paid to offer advice every so often to the board, who wouldn't take that job? It's easy money and involved with a team that means a lot to him

16 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Brian Little probably thinks he can offer some help even in a short term role. I keep reading that Brian Little wouldn't accept the role if it wasn't important. He's being paid to offer advice every so often to the board, who wouldn't take that job? It's easy money and involved with a team that means a lot to him

The way I see it, whatever the reasons, our club with Brian Little advising the board is a better scenario than our club without Brian Little advising the board.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Telegraph suggesting little to fill almdstats role as dof and already looking at targets. Happy with that. 

I'd be very unhappy with that. The last few years of his career have been filled with clubs no where near the level we are or will be next season. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'd be very unhappy with that. The last few years of his career have been filled with clubs no where near the level we are or will be next season. 

Agreed. Brian Little is not the solution to our problems.

He was a fantastic player, and did a good job as our manager, two decades ago, and absolutely **** all since. I'd be fully supportive if he was to become some sort of club ambassador, but Director of Football, targeting new players for us? It'd be yet another disastrous appointment, IMO.

If it was anyone that hadn't been a great player for us, the club would be criticised for trusting the opinions of a dinosaur.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Telegraph suggesting little to fill almdstats role as dof and already looking at targets. Happy with that. 

Seeing as Almstadt wasn't a Director of Football, you can probably chalk that up to bollocks.

Â