bringbackbigron

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

People said it was good news when we originally had Fox and Reilly sitting there. I maintain it will change **** all. 

But there is a difference when you have people who are a) experienced, and b - love the club, in the most senior positions making the decisions. People say would Sunderland have employed Di Canio or played Johnson when they knew his crimes, if Nial Quin was still there - obvious answer is no, they wouldn't. The difference in having Bernstein, Little and King in there as the most senior decision makers will be the difference between our revival or plumeting even further. You don;t have to agree with that BTW!.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

People said it was good news when we originally had Fox and Reilly sitting there. I maintain it will change **** all. 

People said it was the best transfer window ever during last summer.;)

We all do a lot of assuming.

and we know what assume stands for ?

PS in the same parallel of thinking Fox & Reilly was ok......you could save that for the new owner too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

Sorry, didn't realise it was a choice between those two :rolleyes:

What proof have you that he's capable of managing a club with as many serious troubles as we have in the modern game? Not that I'm advocating him as a serious contender for the post, but Bruce has far more experience and more success as a manager.

My head knows you are right, but my heart wants to feel warm and fuzzy.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I absolutely love the man by the way. Adore him. I wish I could live in his top pocket listening to him talk all day every day.  

I had the fortune to go to a supporters meet up with Sir Brian and Peter Withe a few years back. It was a excellent evening and he is class act.

• Like 3

He may just be here in the role of advisor to the board, but you can bet your house on the fact when it comes to the big decisions. (I.e management changes and transfer budgets) He won't be advising them to just find the cheapest option as is usual this past 5 years. 

This smacks of just a pure PR move. As much as I'd like to believe they'd value Little's input and knowledge, at the end of the day, the Lerner system is firmly in place, and nothing's going to change.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

This smacks of just a pure PR move. As much as I'd like to believe they'd value Little's input and knowledge, at the end of the day, the Lerner system is firmly in place, and nothing's going to change.

I understand what you mean but it could be something else entirely.  With the addition of King and Little there might have been a moment for Lerner and the other fools recently where reality has pulled up a chair and the realization they have no idea what they are doing or how to fix it.  From the board's point of view I very much doubt that Little has been brought in as a token gesture,  even they know to **** Little around would be a foolish and ultimately a nail in the coffin moment for them.  I genuinely think this was and is a cry for help from them and they have appointed who I think is perfect.  A few years too late but a good appointment and a bloke I have down as a legend anyway.

We need to be real careful here,  we can all continue to find everything Villa as poison at the moment and it is an easy target at the moment BUT,  this is what happened to small heath in the early to middle 80's and they never really recovered,  they will never fill that ground again.  Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water,  we can poison each other against the Villa to a point where there is no next generation of fans down Villa park.  I dunno,  we are down that much is for sure but we are still Vila and I love the club.  It's easy to support the villa when we are top 6 remember.  UTV

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I had the fortune to go to a supporters meet up with Sir Brian and Peter Withe a few years back. It was a excellent evening and he is class act.

Me too.

9 hours ago, lp_villa830 said:

He may just be here in the role of advisor to the board, but you can bet your house on the fact when it comes to the big decisions. (I.e management changes and transfer budgets) He won't be advising them to just find the cheapest option as is usual this past 5 years. 

But Randy won't spend, the club is making a loss, it will be worse next year. Little can advise we need to be spending more money all he likes, but it doesn't mean we will.

I'm not really excited by this announcement at all because all the restrictions are still in place, and things will get worse before they get better.

Just got to hope that he can advise on things to make positive decisions, but I'm unsure on how he's really going to influence well.... anything?

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, briny_ear said:

this is just bound to end in disappointment.

I would guess that is a "safe bet" to say anything we do, will end up in disappointment.....given our recent history of decision making.

The "sophisticated shout" would go on......what will turn us around, (within reason)

• Like 1

He will be advising them away from a moneyball strategy.

He will be advising them on the player, not the money, its their job to negotiate the deal.

We have spent money on Randy Lerners watch......What we can't do, is spot talent that will find its way in to our team and give/add value.

We have so many players we have fully amortised in the last 10 years, because we can't sell them and they have turned out no good for us......There has been TOO many.

What owner can/is willing to keep that up.

Brian may help with that.

• Like 1

There is no guaranteed method of recovery.

There is no perfect blueprint.

Its about back to basics and employing tried and proven processes that have survived the test of time.....Phase 1

Then the sophisticated idea's can be introduced afterwards.

There must be things at Villa that even the cat on the roof at BMH scowls at.....They must be put right, no more hiding.

• Like 1

I would be very surprised if Brian Little would have accepted the role unless he could and would be allowed to help.

If he is there as a PR exercise it may well back fire because he wont stand for it Just ask Doug.

• Like 2

Â