bringbackbigron

45 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'd prefer 11 players working hard tbh. Literally don't see the point of this. Especially the timing. 

I'm more than happy to see him on the board but at the same time you have to question how effective he can be (and any one for that matter) under Lerner's very tight parameters. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

If Brian little thought his appointment would be pointless, he wouldn't have accepted it.

You have to know the man.

The people you have mentioned, never had any feeling or association with the club and quite frankly never emulated the effect Brian had as player or manager.

those comparisons are insulting to a legend.

So because he's a legend everything will work great?

Someone should have told Graham Taylor when he returned. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Your point, if there is one, is getting more and more confusing.

You want players to give their all for 90 minutes every week.

Our players don't.

Again, do you not see how appointing people to run the club better could lead to us getting the kind of players who WILL give their all for 90 minutes every week?

I don't see why we've got to the stage where we are protesting to the owner to hire ppl who are able to buy players who give their all.

We SHOULD have players who try and the fact that we don't, we should be protesting against them.

We shouldn't need a well run club to have 11 players who try their best on a match day.

My organisation is ran appallingly. Haemorrhages money left right n centre. Has complete muppets at the top who know nothing about running that kind of organisation. I STILL give my all.

Just now, Woodytom said:

I don't see why we've got to the stage where we are protesting to the owner to hire ppl who are able to buy players who give their all.

We SHOULD have players who try and the fact that we don't, we should be protesting against them.

We shouldn't need a well run club to have 11 players who try their best on a match day.

My organisation is ran appallingly. Haemorrhages money left right n centre. Has complete muppets at the top who know nothing about running that kind of organisation. I STILL give my all.

I'm at a complete loss as to what your point is now. Let's leave it there.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I'm at a complete loss as to what your point is now. Let's leave it there.

My point is that the players on the pitch should be trying regardless of goings on off the pitch.

It really isn't that complex.

3 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

My point is that the players on the pitch should be trying regardless of goings on off the pitch.

Yes but they're not, Woody. They're not trying. You can moan that they should until the cows come home. They're not.

So surely something needs to change so that they will? New players? new coaches? New manager? Something.

AGAIN, do you not see how the club being run better could lead to those changes?

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So because he's a legend everything will work great?

Someone should have told Graham Taylor when he returned. 

I never said that.....and it would be foolish to suggest it.

you have gone from a proposed building block.....to construe a cast iron surety.

We have not got unlimited funds for transfers and we have had 5 years of gradual decline no manager with a strong CV will look at us.

We have to regroup and start again.....Brian Little is just a character that would be good to have around, just like Bobby Charlton is at United.

He won't be the manager, but he will be a positive in a negative mess, that could help the manager create the right environment.

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What I want is for the club to be run better. I don't give a shit who they are or where rhey come from as long as they help the club improve. If this leads to improvement then i will credit it, but nothing that we've done over the last 5 years has helped. So if players and managers can't have an impact i'm struggling to see how an advisor can. And he is an advisor, he's not on the board. 

I'm not angry about it, it's a nothing appointment IMO. I'm more annoyed that it's stopped the protest and had the desired PR effect on some fans than the actual appointment. 

But it's not Brian Little in isolation. They've brought David Bernstein in too - a man very capable and experienced in turning a failing club around. 

Little isn't the main even here, Bernstein is. 

• Like 1

sooo, yet more people on the board, we must have more directors than any other club, the club doent need yes men, is anybody going to listen to brian little, or they going to pull their heads out of their ar*es and do as he says?

the club needs money, not to be spending yet more money on directors wages when the club is bring relegated, makes no sense.

If this wasn't Brian Little and was another manager with the same career would anyone be excited or think it was a positive?

I'm struggling to see exactly what advice he will be in a position to offer. To Garde? About players we should sign? To be honest, he shouldn't be anywhere near either of those areas. What will he be advising on?

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If this wasn't Brian Little and was another manager with the same career would anyone be excited or think it was a positive?

I'm struggling to see exactly what advice he will be in a position to offer. To Garde? About players we should sign? To be honest, he shouldn't be anywhere near either of those areas. What will he be advising on?

Well even if he said to Remi .....11 goals in 3 years, what are you persevering with agbonlahor for.....would be a start.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well even if he said to Remi .....11 goals in 3 years, what are you persevering with agbonlahor for.....would be a start.

If Garde needs Brian Little to point out where he's going wrong then we're in much more trouble than I thought we were. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If Garde needs Brian Little to point out where he's going wrong then we're in much more trouble than I thought we were. 

Well if Remi says he is committed to the cause with that return.....we are in more trouble than you thought.

look Brian's involvement has been outrageously exaggerated.....He is just a safe pair of hands in a cesspit of negativity.....the fight back has to start somewhere.

The likes of Keane and Wilkins apart from being directly on the coaching staff as opposed to a director role......couldn't give a flying **** about Aston Villa......at Least BL does.

Ps.  what/who exactly is it you want.

I don't really care about members of the board. None of them will make much difference while Lerner remains as the owner. 

In the positions that do matter I want people who can do their job properly.  The last few managers haven't been able to, most of the players can't, our head of recruitment has played a part in putting together one of the worst squads in premier league history and the CEO has cemented our relegation to the champsionship. I'm more concerned with people in roles that actually have an impact, not kidding myself into believing a director and an advisor to the directors will change the shape of this club. 

I don't really care about members of the board. None of them will make much difference while Lerner remains as the owner. 

In the positions that do matter I want people who can do their job properly.  The last few managers haven't been able to, most of the players can't, our head of recruitment has played a part in putting together one of the worst squads in premier league history and the CEO has cemented our relegation to the champsionship. I'm more concerned with people in roles that actually have an impact, not kidding myself into believing a director and an advisor to the directors will change the shape of this club. 

Those two paragraphs almost contradict themselves, in my opinion.

You've said the board won't make a difference while Lerner is here. Then effectively said that the managers, players, head of recruitment and CEO (the people 'in positions that matter') are ones at fault (other than Lerner, which goes without saying).

But don't you think that with better people on, or advising, the board, the people below the board would have been positively influenced in their decision-making?

With better people on the board, we might not have appointed Garde, and instead gone for a Big Sam/ Moyes type. With better people on the board, we might have bought fewer inexperienced/potential players and brought in what we need for the here and now. With better people on the board, Lerner might have been convinced that a short term loss through spending more in the transfer window, will benefit us more than another year risking relegation and possibly resulting in a bigger long term loss.

Etc etc.

As much as you dress it up as a PR move or an irrelevance, it's one of those little changes that, alongside other changes, can get us ticking along as us fans want us to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Q1 - Not so much, no. But it is who it is.

Q2 - So you are against having someone with football experience/ Villa experience on the Board ?

The idea put forward earlier, that Little will be telling Garde not to select Agbonlahor, is pure fantasy and would constitute a totally inappropriate intervention by a board member, which would probably lead to Garde's immediate resignation if he had any self respect.

• Like 1

Â