Community Not Found

Czechlad

Question

Every time I try to access the Villatalk website I get the Community Not Found page. I was only able to post this because the error only seems to effect the Home page of Villatalk. I can access the forums, but only if I know the direct URL to what discussion I want to see. I am getting this error across all platforms. I have tried chrome, internet explorer, and my iphone. This is what I see. I have none of my extensions enabled. 

DQ11ORX.png

20 answers to this question

Thanks for the reports. But, ahem " If you are reporting a problem with the web site please clear your browser's cache and cookies and preferably test using another browser. Include the OS and browser you are using."

Here too, osx 10.10.5 w/ Opera 35.0, deleting my cache fixed things, and required me to go seek out my password from the dungeon... villatalk is the only site with any issues, so what be up Limpid?

Edited by villakram

I've been in London for two days. Is this still happening for anyone after clearing cookies and cache? If so please include the OS and browser you are using and confirm whether it is happening in another browser.

Thanks

Just now, Czechlad said:

Google chrome and Internet explorer. I am using windows 7. This is happening on my pc, but I have no issue on my Iphone. 

That's really odd. Does it happen on your phone when it's using the same wifi as your windows box?

It would appear to be affecting a tiny number of people going on the responses in here. Can you let me know which ISP you're using?

40 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's really odd. Does it happen on your phone when it's using the same wifi as your windows box?

It would appear to be affecting a tiny number of people going on the responses in here. Can you let me know which ISP you're using?

I am using the same wifi as my pc and it does not effect my phone. I also just used my phone's network and I was able to get on the site as well. Only seems to be effect my pc for some reason.

ISP: 198.208.251.23

Should add that the ISP is not my location. I am connecting to a work network. 

Edited by Czechlad

That's not an ISP, that's an IP address. I asked who your ISP was - who you pay your broadband bill to. Anyway, it's not that.

What does "connecting to a work network" mean? Are you using a VPN? Does it happen when you turn off the VPN?

Ta

I've asked the hosting company and they aren't aware of any issues within the platform. They have made a change recently though so do want to know about any further occurrences. Please post here if this is happening to you. If there are a number of people affected they will turn on some diagnostics and I'll need some screenshots / cut and pastes of those diagnostics.

Thanks

if people read and acted on simple I.T. instructions Stefan and about a million others would be out of a job

Also, I don't put paper in the photocopier when it runs out half way through my printing run. I just wait....and wait....

2 hours ago, limpid said:

That's not an ISP, that's an IP address. I asked who your ISP was - who you pay your broadband bill to. Anyway, it's not that.

What does "connecting to a work network" mean? Are you using a VPN? Does it happen when you turn off the VPN?

Ta

Sorry for some reason I read IP, but yea I am on my work's network and I connect to their network so I wouldn't be able to tell you what the ISP is.

I used my company's VPN and was able to get the site to load without the issue, but right when I disconnect, the issue comes back. 

26 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I used my company's VPN and was able to get the site to load without the issue, but right when I disconnect, the issue comes back. 

I have nothing to suggest at the moment as you seem the only one to be affected after clearing cookies and cache. I suspect you company provided broadband is using a caching proxy which has cached the bad page (if so it'll clear when their cache clears). As you have a workaround let's wait and see if anyone else is having an issue.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

I have nothing to suggest at the moment as you seem the only one to be affected after clearing cookies and cache. I suspect you company provided broadband is using a caching proxy which has cached the bad page (if so it'll clear when their cache clears). As you have a workaround let's wait and see if anyone else is having an issue.

I have no clue how often they clear their cache, but if that happens, I'll make sure to post here and give an update. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I have no clue how often they clear their cache, but if that happens, I'll make sure to post here and give an update. 

They'll probably do it every second, but it's more a case of how long they keep the crap :)

If you have another VPN (like Hola) it would be interesting to know if that helps.