Pre-Match Thread

John

That lineup is probably as good as we have. I would have probably put in Clark rather than Lescott, and Lyden instead of Westwood, but there is little in it.

Glad to see Agbonlahor nowhere near the squad, and Richards dropped.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Obviously he was joking but I find it genuinely annoying when people refer to Clark as "Clarke"...

That there is one of those mid table problems!

I would say that we really have bigger things to worry about.

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Another different team and formation. Sure Sherwood got hammered for it. 

I'm fairly happy with that team. I think we'll lose though. 

I can see the thought process with Garde, never did with Sherwood when he was thrashing around looking for a solution.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I can see the thought process with Garde, never did with Sherwood when he was thrashing around looking for a solution.

I think that's down more to your perception of both managers. If Sherwood kept switching the armband, changing formation and switching players like we've done recently he'd be heavily criticised for it. When Garde does it, it's all part of a sensible plan. 

I think both managers are just struggling with a set of players that are new to them. I don't see an issue with it. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think that's down more to your perception of both managers. If Sherwood kept switching the armband, changing formation and switching players like we've done recently he'd be heavily criticised for it. When Garde does it, it's all part of a sensible plan. 

I think both managers are just struggling with a set of players that are new to them. I don't see an issue with it. 

Yes, I am trying to be optimistic about our present manager. I am like that with all our managers, and am constantly disappointed.