Ratings and Reactions: Man City v Villa

limpid

Is Garde ever going to change anything or just continue to play the same terrible 11 every week. Its easy to say hes walked into a shambles and what is he supposed to do but at the minute we are getting absolutely nothing from him or the team, who ahs actually earned their pay cheque in the last 2 months?

Give the kids a chance, lets see who has some ability for next year.

I actually felt a little sorry for Ayew, Gana, Veretout, Westwood, Cissokho, and to a limited amount Hutton today. I thought in the first half they did a good job sticking to the game plan, it was clear we were out to defend deep and counter, then try to get to a goal late in with Gestede if it was still 0-0. Unfortunately, Richards, Lescott and later Clark did their absolute best to ensure that was never going to happen. The problem is I don't know what we can do, having three of them in there is just as bad as two, Okore should come back in but who partners him?

In all seriousness I would be looking at whether we could recall Baker or Donacien from their loans.

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

very productive afternoon

tidied up the allotment, sorted out the shed and pruned the wife's bush back a bit

wine in the fridge

chips for supper

You get a like for mentioning a fridge.  As for the game, well it was inevitable and I'm surprised it wasn't 4-0 in the first half.  We are an awful team and the sooner this season is over with the better.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Disgusting. This is not about Lerner. We all know something needs to change but it does not excuse the displays we are having to endure week in week out. No professional pride what so ever. We will get the same drivel from Micah but I seriously think the Under 21s or even Hednesford Town would put up more of a fight. I've never disliked a Villa player as much as Richards. I'd rather have Alpay at the back. Big changes are needed because it is embarrassing. They should be ashamed but as long as they have their nice cars they're happy.

I think even Carl Tyler and Colin Calderwood would be preferable to the current shit we have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I wish Remi would, instead of talking would just do a massive fart and walk off for his post match interview. 

As I feel this would say more than words ever can. 

While saying "I fart in your general direction"

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

very productive afternoon

tidied up the allotment, sorted out the shed and pruned the wife's bush back a bit

wine in the fridge

chips for supper

So the wife now has a freshly pruned bush to be proud of.

I hope you have some Bloomin enjoyment.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Our season finished a couple of months ago. The players went on holiday. 

I'm upset and angry, but oddly, not on match days - on match days I'm strangely amused by how bad we are. There's nothing that's wrong with this club that's going to be fixed on the pitch this season. We need to get rid of almost all of our squad and start again, but that's not even the priority.

Sadly, that's just not going to happen, some of these idiots will still be here next season, logistically wee will never sell that many and replace them. Also, imagine the cost of paying these mercenaries off, it's got to be a living nightmare for the money men.

Came out of work at about half three, thought I'd get the second half on the radio as I drove home.   City scored twice while I was on the Aston Expressway and again before I'd got to Fort Dunlop.  Meh. 

It does not even make me upset anymore. 

I'm upset and angry, but oddly, not on match days - on match days I'm strangely amused by how bad we are.

Nail meet head.

Our last two goals (against Stoke and Everton) have barely even raised a smile on my face. What I hate most about this season is how much it has drained me of my love for the club.

• Like 1

I wish our relegation would get confirmed, Leicester win the league and Trump gets into the White House so I can finally wake up and realise it was all a bad dream. Seems to be taking a very very long time. Starting to get worried I'm in a coma.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Came out of work at about half three, thought I'd get the second half on the radio as I drove home.   City scored twice while I was on the Aston Expressway and again before I'd got to Fort Dunlop.  Meh. 

So. It's all your fault for turning on the radio. We were doing OK until you did 

I'd have been away at 1pm had one of our morning men not blown in sick.  You can blame him if you want. He's a Baggies fan so he deserves it. 

All their technique goes out the window, they can't complete the simplest of passes. Why play with a back 3 & 5 man midfield if your camped in your own box. Man city attacked our whole team with 4 players and got 4 easy goals. The team is not being coached properly, there is no confidence, no fight. Too many comfortable so called footballers on millions who don't give a flying shit until they realise no premier league team will employ them when we sink to the forgotten land. Oh well hopefully my boy might see his team win 5 home games in 1 year

Sad days when you wish Aguero would've scored the hat trick cuz you've triple captained him on your fantasy team...

Richards should never play for Villa again after that performance.