Weekends football 4/6 March

andykeenan

Dortmund Bayern was a poor watch, 0-0. Munich had the better chances and will go on and comfortably win the league.

Marco Reus seems to have gone down the pan a bit aswell, a while back people were saying he was the next Bale and Real Madrid's next Galactico. Miles off that level currently. 

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Robert Huth is a complete thug. He just assaults opponents strikers and gets away with it.

maybe but I would kill for a no nonsense defender like that instead of the clowns we have now :(

• Like 1

Read in the team news section bit Claudio Yacob was banned yet just seen the team sheet and he's playing.

Counted up on Soccerbase and according to that he received his 10th yellow of the season v Leicester the other night. All fans on WBA forum thought he was out aswell.

Anyone know what's going on there, Pulis wanting to throw a game?!

There was contact with the palace players knee, benteke bought that contact and IMO it's not enough to make him fall over but there's definitely contact, another reason why not to bring in video refs, I think a video ref is still giving that

Stan Collymore just made a brilliant point on Talksport....I mentioned the exact same point the other day.

When you're walking down a busy street like in London or any town centre, you don't thrown your arms up in the air and collapse to the ground when someone brushes past you and makes "contact."

Let's concrete the penalty area and then players will think twice about falling over. ;):D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When was the last time we had an opposition player sent off against us after about 20 minutes, seems to never happen.

well you sort of need to have the ball for the opposition to get red cards ;)

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When was the last time we had an opposition player sent off against us after about 20 minutes, seems to never happen.

You need to actually do something against the opposition to get a player sent off, like attack them and get them to foul our player

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

You need to actually do something against the opposition to get a player sent off, like attack them and get them to foul our player

Didn't West Brom have fewer shots on target than we did this season a few weeks back? Come on Zatman it's your hobby horse after all. ;)

Yes just checked we've had 89 shots on target this season compared to West Brom's 84 so West Brom the worst team you could use to make that point.

Edited by VillaChris

56 minutes ago, Genie said:

Its a contact sport. 

let me clarify then, although I think it should have been pretty obvious.

I saw enough contact there to make a player running at full speed trip and fall, as is against the rules of football.

42 minutes ago, a m ole said:

let me clarify then, although I think it should have been pretty obvious.

I saw enough contact there to make a player running at full speed trip and fall, as is against the rules of football.

I haven't seen this incident.

Its one of those things that really annoys me though in general, when pundits look at reply after reply and then "oh yes, you can just see his toe touch the attackers foot".

Doesnt make it a foul. Its strange how these type of incidents never happen in the middle of the field.

Â