European Breakaway Superleague

TheAuthority

35 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

A club like Liverpool would just get smashed every week and finish low on the table year in year out until their fans begged to come back to English football.

and then be great if FA and clubs told them to **** Off :)

• Like 1

Liverpool won't join a European Superleague for precisely this reason. Don't get me wrong, they'll attend all the meetings - it's vitally important they continue to be seen as the sort of club who would be invited to join a European Superleague - but when push comes to shove they won't join a league where they lose 80% of the games. 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Liverpool won't join a European Superleague for precisely this reason. Don't get me wrong, they'll attend all the meetings - it's vitally important they continue to be seen as the sort of club who would be invited to join a European Superleague - but when push comes to shove they won't join a league where they lose 80% of the games. 

Agree totally, this is why most clubs that aren't Barca, Madrid or Bayern will end up pulling out if the idea ever gains any real traction.

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

Really? The arrogance of Liverpool, they think they'd win it every year.

but its their year

would Liverpool really want in because they cant tell us they have won it 5 times

I don't see it happening. The Premier League is too powerful. Far more people watch it globally than any of the other leagues in europe as well as the champions league.

Edited by PaulC

Â