If a new owner came in

villanwesty88

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Fresh start in all areas. Complete new board, CEO and recruitment structure. A long look at the academy and a new manager. Big investment to move out the wasters and get in good Championship/lower mid premier players and mount a good campaign to come back up.

And I've said it before, I'll say it again, bring this bloody badge back. New owner, new start, get rid of the bad memories and bring back some of the good ones.

So you want a fresh start in all areas, but an old badge?

• Like 2

The colours need a bit of work on that badge but the lion is the best lion we've had.

Overall, what i'd want is for the owner, if they weren't football savvy, to target people who have worked for the most successful clubs in the world who are of a similar size to Villa. Someone from Man City might be fine but it's a different world when you have a bottomless pit of money. Get people who have worked in an environment where budget was a concern and have thrived in that environment.

Then get them to completely overhaul everything we do as a club. Every position from the CEO to the bootstudder to the tea lady must be up for review, and the sort of people we hire must be up for review.

Get the right people in at the top and get them to correctly define what we need to do and put them in charge of hiring the right people to do it.

We desperately need a CEO who has football experience and by that I mean actually running a successful club. All this talk of bringing Graham Taylor or Steve Stride back is nonsense, neither have ever done that. The Academy needs overhauling as its not nearly as good as many fans think it is. Its great at producing Championship players at best with the odd exceptions. When have we last produced a nailed on Premiership grade player?

More important than that we need a long hard look at the coaching set up. How come we have a player like Albrighton who most of us would have driven to his next club who has become an integral part of a potentially Premiership winning side? He has areas of weakness in his game, consistency of crossing and defending for example, and yet those have been coached out of him. 

The right owner is almost irrelevant as long as he provides the right funding which does not have to be Man City sized but much more importantly installs the right structure which in turn creates the right ethos within the club. Most of us would struggle to even name the owners of Leicester and Southampton. Lerner being an absentee owner does not matter if the structure is right. How many games does Joe Lewis the owner of Spurs attend?

That is why OTDO74 is so relevant.

• Like 2

On ‎02‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 20:45, villanwesty88 said:

What things would you like to be done differently? 

The club to show some ambition and not just be about cost cutting and terrible management off the pitch.

I know I'm going to get letters, but hard hat on:

I can't believe that in a season where we're entering the final ten games on 16 points, and going down to a lower division for the first time in nearly thirty years, that people give that much of a toss about the badge.

• Like 1

New owner, MOST of the ideas above are very good, but I would add one.  Based on the employee that left and talked about it, I think overall morale is dreadful.  The staff (probably including the manager and the players) are under the impression that upper management doesn't give a &@^# about "me as a person."  

I know they're professionals, but I manage professionals.  ALL people perform better and put their heart and soul into it when they are confident that upper management cares about them.  Based on the quotes from that employee who left BECAUSE she loves the club, and what I see on the field.  I don't see much heart and soul into what's being produced.

FWIW, making sure that everyone knew upper management cared about them as individuals was IMO the greatest contribution Paul Faulkner made, and was a very positive contribution.  The recent employee did note that the entire atmosphere changed when the new management (Fox, et al ?) arrived.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

New owner, MOST of the ideas above are very good, but I would add one.  Based on the employee that left and talked about it, I think overall morale is dreadful.  The staff (probably including the manager and the players) are under the impression that upper management doesn't give a &@^# about "me as a person."  

I know they're professionals, but I manage professionals.  ALL people perform better and put their heart and soul into it when they are confident that upper management cares about them.  Based on the quotes from that employee who left BECAUSE she loves the club, and what I see on the field.  I don't see much heart and soul into what's being produced.

FWIW, making sure that everyone knew upper management cared about them as individuals was IMO the greatest contribution Paul Faulkner made, and was a very positive contribution.  The recent employee did note that the entire atmosphere changed when the new management (Fox, et al ?) arrived.

I agree with everything except that I think Paul Faulkner was a criminally under-qualified little shit.

I know I'm going to get letters, but hard hat on:

I can't believe that in a season where we're entering the final ten games on 16 points, and going down to a lower division for the first time in nearly thirty years, that people give that much of a toss about the badge.

Why not? I mean I know I joke about the club crest a lot but on a serious note, for me we are relegated. There's nothing we can do about the situation on the pitch, we are, in all likelihood, down.

Our crest is more than that. It's the club's identity. Arguably the most recognisable thing of a football club is the crest on the players' chests. That comes with symbolism. For me, our current badge comes with so much pain, hard times, nearly moments and one of the darkest periods I've seen as a Villa fan.

I don't want Villa to be identified by the last few crappy years. I know there's more things that need to be changed, but I can't overlook what negative connotations that crest has.

On 2 March 2016 at 23:40, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

i just want someone really rich who will spend a lot of money on good players and let me enjoy football as the meaningless distraction it should be.

All our players were good when we bought them.....it's just when they played was the problem exposed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Sad to say, but 'to do a Leicester'...

From top to bottom, their togetherness has got them from bottom to top. 

Togetherness comes from belief, belief comes from honourable, knowledgeable people with drive.

• Like 1

I would like to see us get bought by someone like.Playboy magazine, imagine a playboy bunny of the month on our shirts ( a different one for every month of the year ) or.

Microsoft.Imagine people all over the world switching on their computers and seeing a blue background with a golden lion. or

Richard Branson.Imagine planes with claret bodies and blue wings flying through the skies.

Next I would like to see the R.S.P.C.A. ( Society for the Prevention of  Cruelty to Association football clubs ) take the board to court and sentence them to 30 years hard labour

Then the alarm would go off and I would wake up..

Â