The VillaTalk Protest Thread

Supervillan78

On 3/2/2016 at 19:15, Chindie said:

It's too easy to bend and spin in other directions that are unsavoury, and it's always immediately linked to more violent and unpleasant types of protest. No good comes of that, IMO.

You can use the same symbolism though with more nuance. The lion being lead to the gallows by Lerner, etc.

I think a better way to go is to get the picture of the **** dentist that killed the lion for real.  Photoshop lerners face on it and print 1000's and give them out to people outside the ground.  It's different from when they take down the banners,  hopefully there will be 1000's of them swirling around Villa Park with some cock-wobble-fuk-face-lerner-bod running around trying to catch them all.

All we need is a top photo shopper.

A bit of money for paper / printing

and some bods to distribute,  they can't stop it outside the ground.

I am pretty sure that if we have a relatively non aggressive message underneath this would hopefully make it to the national newspapers if we all go twitter mental.  We can even combine with out the door,  just throw 100's of them in the air as you leave or better still people in the upper tiers to create a rain of disappointment and heartache in the form of paper.

Without Lerner on the picture I hate it, I want to kill the dentist for real,  like for real but,  add Lerner's-smug-silver-spoon-stained-fuc-face on it and I think we have a winner.

I guess the situation most comparable to ours is / was that at Newcastle. The biggest difference is that Newcastle stayed up that year, but ended up spending a shit ton of money. The irony is that they're in the same situation again.

Ashley Out

When Mike Ashley bought a controlling stake in Newcastle United in 2007, he was initially a popular figure amongst fans, watching matches from the stands in a club shirt. Things soon turned sour following manager Kevin Keegan's resignation in September 2008, which led to prolonged protests by fans directed against Ashley and director of football Dennis Wise, who were dubbed the "Cockney Mafia". Less than two weeks later Ashley put the club up for sale, stating: "I have listened to you. You want me out. That is what I am now trying to do." Despite his best efforts, Ashley could not find a suitable buyer and that December announced that the club was no longer for sale.

Having ridden out a storm to rename the club's home ground "sportsdirect.com @ St James' Park Stadium", Ashley was again on the receiving end of fans' protests in 2015 with supporters complaining about a lack of ambition and investment from the owner.

The protest in 2015 was this:

Newcastle United fans will refuse to leave St James’ Park after the final game of the season against West Ham on Sunday as they continue to call for owner Mike Ashley to sell the club.The organisers of the “Ashley Out” campaign will not co-ordinate any protests during the match, which Newcastle have to win to be certain of avoiding relegation. Hull City are only two points behind them and have a vastly superior goal difference.

“Whatever the result of the game and the outcome of the ‘battle’ against relegation, during and following any lap of ‘honour’ that might or might not take place, we will continue to occupy the ground after the final whistle and we urge all Newcastle United supporters to join us in this form of protest, which has been cleared with Northumbria Police.

“Bring your flags, bring your banners and most importantly bring your voices. Together we will make it clear that enough is enough and demand – on the worldwide platform that is Sky Sports – that the man ultimately responsible for the club’s demise into mediocrity, Mike Ashley himself, puts the club up for sale with immediate effect to ‘a worthy custodian of such a fine football club’, which is how he said he judged potential takeover parties when he first took the club off the market in 2008.”

The result was a change in recruitment policy that saw them spend £80m on transfers during the 2015/16 season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12149746/A-history-of-football-fan-protests-do-they-really-work.html

It is not radical, but I would suggest 90mins of the “we want randy Randy Lerner out” chant against Chelsea.  If we could get ALL sections to pledge to join in (inc. Doug Ellis, Trinity Road, Upper North) to make it loud and sustained it would get the message across on TV.  The whole 90 minutes. 

Edited by Gary Thomas

• 2 months later...
Â