Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but I read that Black encouraged the players to acknowledge the fans after the game - some did, some didn't.

Purely out of curiosity, does anyone know which of the players braved it? 

Westwood and Cissokho are the two that I saw on television who clapped. Westwood looked like he was crying, actually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Westwood and Cissokho are the two that I saw on television who clapped. Westwood looked like he was crying, actually.

Probably crying over his cut in wages

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

That's funny as I remember him excusing the Lescott car tweet because "he cares and is frustrated with the situation so lashed out"

He also said after speaking to Micah Richards "he cares too"

Still, i'm sure he got a few phone calls out of that rant so job done really.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

This kind. Of post is IMO uncalled for.  If he was crying, God bless him, they all should have been.  If he was crying, he went up in my books.  

Why's it uncalled for? Surely like the rest of us we knew we was down once we didn't buy anyone in January, tears wont wash with me with that lot, no desire in most of the matches ive seen this season, sooner most of them leave the better

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sky said we have the 7th highest wage bill in the league. If that is true then its **** scary

No way not any more but I bet there are a good number of clubs staying up comfortably who have a lower wage bill than ours. 

We might get lucky this year in that the money in the PL next year is such a huge increase and with our players apparently having relegation clauses other team might be able to better our want away players easily even just to use them as peripheral squad fillers. In past years a lot of clubs have been unable to offload unwanted players because no one would pay their wages.

You never know if we are unbelievably lucky maybe someone in China USA Turkey middle east will offer Gobby a deal 

It may well be a unique year for unloading players 

59 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

This kind. Of post is IMO uncalled for.  If he was crying, God bless him, they all should have been.  If he was crying, he went up in my books.  

Not sure how players get points for crying?

Westwood is probably crying due to constant bullying by opposition

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sky said we have the 7th highest wage bill in the league. If that is true then its **** scary

Don't buy that at all.

Our wage bill probably is in the top 10 though.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Lots of likes for this post but I'm sorry I don't buy it and I don't agree. The fans have been crying both metaphorically and actually for 6 years while players like Westwood have not performed for this great club. This season in particular there has been a huge disconnect between the fans and th players with the latter just stealing a living. I'm not saying Westwood is one of the main ones of that but he has contributed to it. Perhaps instead of crying he should have put more effort in throughout the season. Or taken the responsibility to shame his more woeful colleagues. Or come out to the fan base and explain what the **** is going on. He is complicit in all this and a brief two minute realisation that in a few games time he will no longer have the luxury of calling himself a premier league footballer , so essentially his luck on that score has run out, forcing a tear or two does not sway me. It was not a sympathetic reaction for the fans, it was a purely selfish realisation of his own situation of that I am convinced.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Crocodile Tears 

noun

plural noun: crocodile tears

tears or expressions of sorrow that are insincere.
"they weep crocodile tears for the poor and disadvantaged, but are basically happy with things as they are"

I think Collymore will have a insight into the inner workings of this football club. His rant on air whilst passionate was calculated and essentially he has named and shamed the trouble makers. Brad Guzan, Micah Richards, Joleon Lescott, Leandro Bacuna and Gabby Agbonlahor were the ones targeted. For me it has confirmed what has been said on this thread for a while. Rewind back to December. A rock bottom of the table Villa team with a divided dressing room and this is their attitude. Not a care in the world but it is OK because "now it's confirmed maybe it's a weight off the shoulders".

12 hours ago, kwoktolai said:

Not sure how players get points for crying?

Westwood is probably crying due to constant bullying by opposition

Seriously, you can't see that crying over being relegated actually might mean he gives a ;)@)( ?  You reall can't see that?   Maybe your just not familiar with the phrase "points in my book" Is not the same as points in a league table?   

You would rathe concoct some unlikely possibility of him being bullied than face the much more likely possibility that would require you to have something other than disgust do any of them?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Lots of likes for this post but I'm sorry I don't buy it and I don't agree. The fans have been crying both metaphorically and actually for 6 years while players like Westwood have not performed for this great club. This season in particular there has been a huge disconnect between the fans and th players with the latter just stealing a living. I'm not saying Westwood is one of the main ones of that but he has contributed to it. Perhaps instead of crying he should have put more effort in throughout the season. Or taken the responsibility to shame his more woeful colleagues. Or come out to the fan base and explain what the **** is going on. He is complicit in all this and a brief two minute realisation that in a few games time he will no longer have the luxury of calling himself a premier league footballer , so essentially his luck on that score has run out, forcing a tear or two does not sway me. It was not a sympathetic reaction for the fans, it was a purely selfish realisation of his own situation of that I am convinced.

Then I believe you are a very sad, angry and bitter person who needs to let a little joy in your life. I'm as cynical as they come but your post is utter bobbins.

• Like 1

I think it's fair to say that if we're going to criticise players for crying when relegated that we need to admit there's literally nothing they can ever do right again. 

Which is fine, I guess, but seems a bit of a 'scorched earth' policy to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think it's fair to say that if we're going to criticise players for crying when relegated that we need to admit there's literally nothing they can ever do right again. 

Which is fine, I guess, but seems a bit of a 'scorched earth' policy to me. 

Do we not need this though? Most of these players have let everyone down through their sheer lack of effort this season alone. Many of them are of no use to us going forward because they can not ever be trusted to deliver again. 

• Like 1

Â