Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

The pain of losing stopped a long time ago but what's really frustrating is that all the teams around us are still losing.

If we could just get back to back wins the hope would be real and we could potentially go into the final 2-3 games with a chance (albeit very slim) of staying up. Its easy to dismiss back to back wins as an unachievable feat but its really not.

In reality we've assembled a team of absolutely useless players, a manager who doesn't seem to know the hell is going on and worst of all 15 players who couldn't give a toss about Aston Villa. This is a team that can get results, we've seen that in the draws against Leicester and Man City, its just that nobody cares.

I actually thought that while attacking the players did okay; they actually looked like they wanted to score for once. The problem was that our defending was an absolute shambles, which, given how many defenders we played, is quite the achievement. Richards should have stayed on the bench, and if I had a pound for every time an attack broke down with Hutton I could afford to buy the club off Randy myself.

We were decent in spells. I don't wish to blame the defending too much, Everton are a force going forward. We could have scored 3/4 ourselves though, had we a clinical striker or a bit more movement/cohesion up front. One of our better performances this season...

...Which we lost 3-1. Which says it all for me. 

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Its the free world you advocate ..... 

A free world to make a peaceful protest, not call fellow fans "words removed".

• Like 2

I never thought I would see a double nutmeg, but there you have it. 2nd goal. Like watching tunnel ball.

• Like 1

Â