Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Everton

limpid

The season highlights DVD is going to be a classic this season.

Go down, clear out the shite, learn to win games again, find players who care about playing and winning football games, come back up refreshed and hopefully much better for it.

That's all I'm clinging onto at the moment because apart from that Derby team we are the worst premier league team since its inception, bravo to all concerned.

Edited by AVFCDAN

Honestly thought we were OK at times tonight but we must be so mentally fragile as a team? Without playing well by their standards, Everton had I think three chances in the first half and scored two of them!   Cissokho, Gana and Ayew are the only ones that can take any credit from tonight.  

Special mention and well done to the guys who organised OTDO74, probably a couple of thousand left I reckon?  At least I guessed the correct score in the pre match thread again!  Really not sure now if we will win another game this season as we are that bad!!

Have to say, I don't think your team lacked fight. 

I just don't think they were good enough to compete with us at first. When we switched formation, you came a lot more into it. When you got one back, if you'd have got another, which could have happened, we'd have been creaking. 

Good luck for the rest of the season and I sincerely hope the wait isn't too long to visit Villa Park again, it's always been my favourite away...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Am I the only one who thought we weren't too bad?

I thought it was a decent response at 1-0 down, Westwood nearly got an equaliser and there were few other scrambles, 2 nil all over.

Not the worst peformance of the season by a long stretch but that's not saying much given how awful we've gone back to defending. 

Wasn't a bad performance overall, but the defending for all 3 Everton goals was utterly abysmal. Richards totally lost his man for the corner, WTF Lescott was doing for Lennon's goal is a mystery and I was too busy slamming my laptop lid down in disgust to see exactly who was at fault for the third.

It's pretty much Aston "Father Christmas" Villa with the goals we've shipped in the last two games.

I can understand Garde trying to change things up, but it was obvious that our 3 center backs didn't have a clue who was supposed to be marking who and it cost us.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

5 at the back, a right back in midfield, 2 holding midfielders...3 goals from unmarked players...

Mind blowing

the spirit of McLeish at Spurs is back, only short of playing Rudy right wing

Its a free country but you can't castigate people if you think they are wrong ?

Errrrrr ......... okay !

So you're condoning villa fans being verbally abused?

Errrrrr ok.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

I sincerely hope the wait isn't too long to visit Villa Park again, it's always been my favourite away...

With about 20 home wins in the last 100 games, were everyone's favourite away game.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

With about 20 home wins in the last 100 games, were everyone's favourite away game.

I did mean in all my time going to games, even when you were pretty decent! And you beat us last season! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Artetasgirl said:

I did mean in all my time going to games, even when you were pretty decent! And you beat us last season! 

Just ignore our gallows humour:) Respect to the very many Everton fans who applauded when we did walk.

• Like 2

Â