The Division

mightysasquatch

Haven't touched Dark Zone either, not sure I'll find it all that enjoyable. Running around doing side missions and collectibles is great fun, I'm not sure how much appeal it will have once I've hit level 30 and finished all the missions. Hopefully the upcoming "incursions" will cover that.

One thing it does perfectly is matchmaking, you can seamlessly go from dicking around doing side missions to hosting/joining a mission back to side missions or the Base of Operations with the only loading screens being if you join someone else's game or decide to fast travel somewhere. It is such a refreshing change to someone used to waiting for a loading screen to start a mission, another when you finish followed by yet another to "hand in" your mission then another to be able to choose where you go after your next loading screen.

I've had around 7-8 disconnects in 11-12 hours play, mostly on Wednesday. So as irritating as it is I can't really complain.

Once you have all the missions done and are ranked 30 is there anything to keep you coming back to the game? Is there new missions added weekly or perhaps daily or will Dlc be required to keep the game interesting?

3 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Once you have all the missions done and are ranked 30 is there anything to keep you coming back to the game? Is there new missions added weekly or perhaps daily or will Dlc be required to keep the game interesting?

Daily missions to earn more loot and to earn a currency called Phoenix Credits, if you are at all used to Destiny then it's like Legendary Marks in that which you then use to buy all manner of really rare gear.

The Dark Zone scales to Level 100 so if you like the Diablo style loot grind then there is infinite of that and the Dark Zone is the home of much of the best loot. 

The game also offers Challenge Mode which is like the Weekly Strikes in Destiny, but they aren't weekly you can just do any mission in Challenge Mode and that requires a 4-man squad with the best gear, like better than the best gear so that is always something to strive towards.

Other than that in a few weeks I think the first bit of content drops which offers a 4-man Incursion which is The Divisions version of a Raid which will be set closer to the difficulty of Challenge Mode. These will require 4-players and will likely offer the most amount of Phoenix Credits and I'm just speculating but likely a chance to get a Legendary weapon that you can't really get elsewhere.

Both the incursions the one next-month and the one the month after and all content separate to those in those packs are free.. It's not until May on Xbox, June on PS4/PC that the first Expansion hits offering the first major bit of paid for DLC (included in Season Pass).

So there is a fair bit to do it just depends on if you can be bothered to do it as I know that replaying missions and grinding isn't for everyone, so for some the PVE and Level 30 cap may be the end of the line until May/June. I really hope that as much as it goes against the theme that UbiSoft Massive are working on maybe a Battle Royale mode where agents have to loot and scavenge weapons to win the 24 man competitive match, something to add more than just the loot grind at the end.. 

Daily missions to earn more loot and to earn a currency called Phoenix Credits, if you are at all used to Destiny then it's like Legendary Marks in that which you then use to buy all manner of really rare gear.

The Dark Zone scales to Level 100 so if you like the Diablo style loot grind then there is infinite of that and the Dark Zone is the home of much of the best loot. 

The game also offers Challenge Mode which is like the Weekly Strikes in Destiny, but they aren't weekly you can just do any mission in Challenge Mode and that requires a 4-man squad with the best gear, like better than the best gear so that is always something to strive towards.

Other than that in a few weeks I think the first bit of content drops which offers a 4-man Incursion which is The Divisions version of a Raid which will be set closer to the difficulty of Challenge Mode. These will require 4-players and will likely offer the most amount of Phoenix Credits and I'm just speculating but likely a chance to get a Legendary weapon that you can't really get elsewhere.

Both the incursions the one next-month and the one the month after and all content separate to those in those packs are free.. It's not until May on Xbox, June on PS4/PC that the first Expansion hits offering the first major bit of paid for DLC (included in Season Pass).

So there is a fair bit to do it just depends on if you can be bothered to do it as I know that replaying missions and grinding isn't for everyone, so for some the PVE and Level 30 cap may be the end of the line until May/June. I really hope that as much as it goes against the theme that UbiSoft Massive are working on maybe a Battle Royale mode where agents have to loot and scavenge weapons to win the 24 man competitive match, something to add more than just the loot grind at the end.. 

Thanks for the info, just one more question, can I play the darkzone with friends if we are different ranks? because it didn't seem possible in the beta if there was a significant difference in rank and was a major negative for my friends and I.

4 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Thanks for the info, just one more question, can I play the darkzone with friends if we are different ranks? because it didn't seem possible in the beta if there was a significant difference in rank and was a major negative for my friends and I.

You have to be within the level range unfortunately though this is for the best as some gamers do like to troll, if that range wasn't there then they would have a field day camping the low level Dark Zone at Level 30..

I was going to post up the level ranges but they seem to scale with your level as the enemies get harder in the Dark Zone as you level up so when I just loaded the game to check it was showing my personal level ranges..

These are what they are at default though so if you are still under Level 12 you may be able to wait for friends to catch up. After level 12 though the Dark Zone level brackets will start changing based on your level;

• DZ01: 10-12
  • DZ02: 13-15
  • DZ03: 16-18
  • DZ04: 22-24
  • DZ05: 27-29
  • DZ06: 29-30

So if that is any help at all those are the default level ranges for the Dark Zone.

You have to be within the level range unfortunately though this is for the best as some gamers do like to troll, if that range wasn't there then they would have a field day camping the low level Dark Zone at Level 30..

I was going to post up the level ranges but they seem to scale with your level as the enemies get harder in the Dark Zone as you level up so when I just loaded the game to check it was showing my personal level ranges..

These are what they are at default though so if you are still under Level 12 you may be able to wait for friends to catch up. After level 12 though the Dark Zone level brackets will start changing based on your level;

• DZ01: 10-12
  • DZ02: 13-15
  • DZ03: 16-18
  • DZ04: 22-24
  • DZ05: 27-29
  • DZ06: 29-30
So if that is any help at all those are the default level ranges for the Dark Zone.

That's a great help thanks but unfortunately for me that's a game breaker, I don't really get why they didnt add in a couple of standard online game modes where people could just play on an even playing field , ctf would be epic on this game.

Just now, Bunnski said:

That's a great help thanks but unfortunately for me that's a game breaker, I don't really get why they didnt add in a couple of standard online game modes where people could just play on an even playing field , ctf would be epic on this game.

That is unfortunate :(.

I do hope that they get around to adding more modes as I do agree that it would benefit from more content and modes. I mean this is a Tom Clancy game and sure it's an RPG so not super realistic but the Tom Clancy game lineage spans Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and more.. I am sure they can find some game modes from within those franchises, give them a unique Division makeover and add some great multiplayer modes. 

It's a shame as well as at events like EGX they had a playable build of The Division and they had seemingly turned the extraction portion of the Dark Zone into a competitive game mode. Like three teams of four and the first player from a team to successfully extract something in a sea of AI enemies and other players would win the round, it was incredibly tense and fun.. So I am with you, I don't find the level ranges that bad but I do want more modes to play as a month from now I fear that just grinding the Dark Zone and doing daily quests will be getting old.. 

The lack of variety really holds it back. I did 5 encounter missions in a row & everyone of them was the same thing. It repeats it's self so much & the thought of doing daily mission on something that already has me repeating things over and over.

It has its elements but I'm already getting bored of the same thing time after time.

Having played this game a fair bit 42 hours on record of the full game and 53 hours of the beta tests I have come to a complete conclusion of what I think of the game itself..

I think that UbiSoft Massive have a lot to learn and hopefully they do. To me the game itself on the whole is a 7/10. The main missions are so good and so fun, but a lot of that is because the side missions and encounters are so dull and repetitive. In The Division 2 or in an expansion they need to work on content variety as right now it is such a chore to do any PVE content. The main side content in the game is one of only 5 different objectives and they rotate constantly to make up the games 90+ side quests and they aren't even that fun to do. 

This game would be a solid 9/10 if it was 8 hours long comprised of only main missions and then the rest was PVP in the Dark Zone. This game is truly brought down by all the pointless padding that the side missions and encounters offer. So either they need to up the amount of objectives and variety or just remove them and offer more XP and loot during the main game as it's a huge issue in this iteration of the game. Other than that I like it and for now I am still thoroughly invested but I do feel for anyone still stuck in the PVE repetition as it is absolutely the worst part of this game..  

14 hours ago, Daweii said:

Having played this game a fair bit 42 hours on record of the full game and 53 hours of the beta tests I have come to a complete conclusion of what I think of the game itself..

I think that UbiSoft Massive have a lot to learn and hopefully they do. To me the game itself on the whole is a 7/10. The main missions are so good and so fun, but a lot of that is because the side missions and encounters are so dull and repetitive. In The Division 2 or in an expansion they need to work on content variety as right now it is such a chore to do any PVE content. The main side content in the game is one of only 5 different objectives and they rotate constantly to make up the games 90+ side quests and they aren't even that fun to do. 

This game would be a solid 9/10 if it was 8 hours long comprised of only main missions and then the rest was PVP in the Dark Zone. This game is truly brought down by all the pointless padding that the side missions and encounters offer. So either they need to up the amount of objectives and variety or just remove them and offer more XP and loot during the main game as it's a huge issue in this iteration of the game. Other than that I like it and for now I am still thoroughly invested but I do feel for anyone still stuck in the PVE repetition as it is absolutely the worst part of this game..  

Spot on!

The combat/cover system/perks ect are great. But the actual weapons are also dull, it's the same weapons just at differ net levels. I understand it's set real world so you're not going to get Destiny type weapons but still....I'm using now the same weapons at the start/end game but higher level. It's just more repetition.

From what I've played/seen, it's dull as dishwater.

Ok, so you can have fun with other friends etc, but you could do that on Boarderlands which is better at bullet sponge enemies anyway.  "I like the real military aesthetics" - fine, but when you shoot someone with an M16, they'll die much faster than the 70 bullets I just put into someone.

Unless you're into grinding games (Boarderlands, Destiny etc) and you really like the aesthetics, this game is completely pointless.  And short lived it would seem, several of my friends list are now level 30.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

From what I've played/seen, it's dull as dishwater.

Ok, so you can have fun with other friends etc, but you could do that on Boarderlands which is better at bullet sponge enemies anyway.  "I like the real military aesthetics" - fine, but when you shoot someone with an M16, they'll die much faster than the 70 bullets I just put into someone.

Unless you're into grinding games (Boarderlands, Destiny etc) and you really like the aesthetics, this game is completely pointless.  And short lived it would seem, several of my friends list are now level 30.

My trouble is & was the bullet sponge gang bangers. It's RPG game, so you have damage out puts like destiny/Diablo. I just find it hard buying into "bullet sponge gangbangers", the enemies are so unimaginative. Must of taken them all of 10 mins to come up with them.

Edited by mightysasquatch

at smyths its £9.99 when you trade - 

Far Cry Primal - PS4/Xbox One
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 - PS4/Xbox One
Star Wars Battlefront - PS4/Xbox One
Fallout 4 - PS4/Xbox One
Grand Theft Auto V - PS4/Xbox One
Uncharted Collection - PS4
Just Cause 3 - PS4/Xbox One
Rise of the Tomb Raider - Xbox One
Super Mario Maker - Wii U

my fallout 4 has dropped to £11 cash trade at CEX so i might get in on that, especially seeing as CEX is giving £32 cash trade for the division

Â