Pre-Match Thread

John

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

Did you watch him in the Stoke game? 

I watched the first half hour... I still remember why Bunn was playing in the first place.

Its a shame that we have to select our least shit goalkeeper.

• Like 1

Well he's trying something different, I'll give him that.

9 defensive players (or 8+ whatever you call Westwood's "contribution")

Going for the 0-0 win, Alex McLeish approves 

Edited by sne

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

I watched the first half hour... I still remember why Bunn was playing in the first place.

Its a shame that we have to select our least shit goalkeeper.

That's our whole team selection, we don't have a "best side", we pick a least worst. 

• Like 1

Do my eyes deceive me, or are we actually playing two up front (when was the last time that happened?!) AND not playing this crappy 4-2-2-1 thing that the last three managers have insisted on?! 

Bunn had to be dropped, just a shame it had to be Guzan coming in. Westwood and Bacuna in midfield too with one of the chuckle brothers back in defence but oh well, at least it's something different. Would have been nice to have given some of the younger players a go rather than the idiots that have let us down throughout the season too but at least he's tried something different.

We'll still lose.

We only have a chance tonight if we keep a clean sheet as Remi said earlier in the week. Southampton switched to three central defenders and went with 4/5 clean sheets so it CAN work. Gil and Veretout were truly awful on Saturday and Remi is right to say "if that's the best you can do then I'll try others on Tuesday".

He's trying different things - give the guy a break !!!!

Edited by Paul33

4 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Do my eyes deceive me, or are we actually playing two up front (when was the last time that happened?!) AND not playing this crappy 4-2-2-1 thing that the last three managers have insisted on?! 

Bunn had to be dropped, just a shame it had to be Guzan coming in. Westwood and Bacuna in midfield too with one of the chuckle brothers back in defence but oh well, at least it's something different. Would have been nice to have given some of the younger players a go rather than the idiots that have let us down throughout the season too but at least he's tried something different.

We'll still lose.

You'd have thought we'd have worked out by now that only playing 9 outfielders was putting ourselves at a disadvantage. 

• Like 2

I'd be fine with this formation if we had dynamic, attacking fullbacks (e.g. Amavi and his right footed twin). But Hutton and Cissokho simply aren't that. 

Don't be fooled into thinking this is 3 at the back, that back 5 will be within an arms length of each other all game. A Mcleish formation of the highest order. 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You'd have thought we'd have worked out by now that only playing 9 outfielders was putting ourselves at a disadvantage. 

Hahaha if it's any excuse it's been a very tiring day. And playing with Guzan and Gabby is like playing with two men down too ;)