Pre-Match Thread

John

We face Everton at Villa Park on Tuesday @ 19.45. This is currently the most played fixture in the top flight but it seems the total of games between the two clubs will not be added to next year at the very least. We gave one of our most dismal performances of this dire season when losing 4-0 at Everton in November but got one of our rare home wins when they visited us last May and left pointless after their 3-2 defeat. That had been our first win against them since 2010. Everything would appear to point to another defeat. I would really love it if we somehow ended this game on 19 points or even on 17 because at the moment it is difficult to see where our next point is going to come from. Let us hope for the best but if it is anything like our last home game against a football club from the same city (whose name escapes me) please wait until the 74th minute before making your way out of the ground and by doing so leave as part of the http://outthedooron74.co.uk/ protest as the more of us that do so on the 74th minute the bigger the impact it will have.       

• Like 2

Can't see anything but an Everton win here to be honest.  We simply have to change Bunn now and see if Guzan responds. Also, presume Okore can't play three games in a week, so as much as I hate to see it, Richards at CB it is. Ayew's return a bonus though:

---------------------Guzan------------------------

Hutton------Richards-------Lescott------Cissokho 

---------------------Gana-------------------------

-----------Bacuna-----------Westwood---------

------Ayew------Agbonlahor------Sinclair------

Veretout and Gil need to be taken out of it I think and Sinclair, after his two recent sub cameo's given a chance again.  

Bench of:  Bunn, Okore, Clark, Veretout, Lyden, Gil, Gestede.

3-1 to Everton, with Lukaku getting at least two of them.  However, lets do OTDO74!

Can't see anything other than a loss (pretty much the same as every game nowadays....)

Hopefully with a few players back from injury/suspension, Garde will have a few more options.

I know he's been dogcrap this season, but his cameo against Stoke showed Sinclair can play (if he wants to) - I'd give him a start as Veretout has been ineffective out wide left.

I'd go with:

................Guzan (yes, it's time he had a recall)

Hutton.Okore.Clark.Cissokho

.........Gana.Veretout

Gil..........Ayew..........Sinclair

..............Gabby

Subs: Bunn, Lescott, Richards, Bacuna, Westwood, Lyden, Gestede

------------------Bunn----------------

Richards--Okore--Clark---Cissokho

---------------Westwood----------------

--------Veretout-----Gana----------

Gabby---------------------Ayew

-------------Gestede------------------

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

And at least it's not MK Dons. (Yet)

Off topic but I've been to an MK Dons game this season (away at QPR)

**** me, they were absolutely dreadful.

Like, even worse than us. SERIOUSLY!

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Off topic but I've been to an MK Dons game this season (away at QPR)

**** me, they were absolutely dreadful.

Like, even worse than us. SERIOUSLY!

What did you think of Loftus Road? I really enjoyed it. Found it dead easy to get a half time pint. 

I didn't go their with The Villa either, oddly enough. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What did you think of Loftus Road? I really enjoyed it. Found it dead easy to get a half time pint. 

I didn't go their with The Villa either, oddly enough. 

Lots of character. proper old ground.

Fans were hilarious (the QPR fans, I was in the home stand). Just took the piss out of themselves all game. 

They absolutely hate Karl Henry.