Ratings & Reactions: Stoke v Villa

limpid

16 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did not bother to find a stream, did not listen to the commentary anywhere, just checked the result after getting in. That sums up my interest in Villa these days. I wonder how many fans do precisely the same as me?

My son was out and didn't set up a stream for me, so I didn't bother myself. Instead, I followed the match thread, which wasn't all that interesting either.

Just now, AVTuco said:

My son was out and didn't set up a stream for me, so I didn't bother myself. Instead, I followed the match thread, which wasn't all that interesting either.

The joys of being a Villa fan huh!

I am just about to pour myself an industrial strength G&T and look forward to an evening out although the one half of the couple we are going out with used to have the seats next to me at VP so I doubt we will avoid the V word, Sensibly he gave up three years ago.

Barely 3 pages in the R&R thread says it all. 

That said, apparently the traveling support was top notch today despite a little fracas at halftime.

We're down, bleed the kids and resign in protest with a few games left, Remi.

Edited by maqroll

Didn't even know we were playing to be honest.

Just watched the highlights. Ludicrous penalty. Player runs into Westwood's leg and the ref buys it.

After you're 1 down in the premier league these days it's hard to come back.

3 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Didn't even know we were playing to be honest.

Just watched the highlights. Ludicrous penalty. Player runs into Westwood's leg and the ref buys it.

After you're 1 down in the premier league these days it's hard to come back.

.......when you play like us

Forgot we were playing until the game kicked off. Spent the afternoon freezing cold wandering around Shoreditch looking at street art which I don't give a f**k about or understand and still had more fun than if I'd been watching the game. I hate art, but at this point I hate our team more. It's a sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did not bother to find a stream, did not listen to the commentary anywhere, just checked the result after getting in. That sums up my interest in Villa these days. I wonder how many fans do precisely the same as me?

Exactly this. I used to plan my day around k.o, if I wasn't there it would either be streaming the game or at least listening to it on the radio. My interest at the moment extends only to me frequently checking my phone. The only positive for my lost interest is its stopped hurting as the bad news rolls in... 1-0 , 2-0...

Well, at least I predicted the correct score in the pre match thread! Dire!! Wasn't there but fans seemed to sing all game - brilliant. Gana apart, midfield is an absolute joke at present and Veretout, Bacuna and Westwood need to be taken out of it, but unfortunately, we lack options. No creativity, toothless upfront. Go a goal down and we simply have no hope of getting anything from a game. Can't wait for Tuesday - Lukaku, Barkley, Deulofeu, anyone in the Everton 11 really must be licking their lips.

We kept possession well at times and the fans were excellent.

Those are literally the only two positives I can scrape together. 

I would have complimented the defence (and did) at half time, but they ruined that second half.

We are dreadful. I can't wait for the season to be over.

Didn't know who we were playing until I checked the results.

I hate feeling like this as a Villa fan but I just can't summon up the energy to support the club at the minute

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

You're not the only one. I know I say this every week but I honestly don't care. Aside from a couple of exceptions there's absolutely nothing likable about this bunch of gutless losers and it's been clear for all to see that we've been down for months.

I usually go to this fixture without fail, infact it's one of the first I usually look for in the fixture list as went to uni in Stoke and have some good mates up there.

Couldn't be bothered this season, went to Burton-Walsall instead which it's fair to say was not a good game at all.

Still I normally listen to our games even if I'm at another one but forgot my radio and my phone was buggered so just asked my mother the score at half time and full time and that was it. Apathy is well and truly here for me now.

8 hours ago, Villanun said:

I'm usually an optimist and after the match against Norwich I'll admit that yeah, I had a bit of hope we might just pull off the great escape. After the Liverpool match I was angry, but now? I think resignation has finally set in. Thanks a lot Lerner, you've robbed me of my enthusiasm for the team I've supported since I was a boy. That might only be a minor crime in the grand scheme of things, but for me it's the one that hurts the most.

Pretty much sums up my feelings. I've been robbed of one of the few things I genuinely looked forward to, thanks ..... Thanks a lot!