Far Cry Primal

AVFC_Hitz

Really enjoyed 3, also enjoyed 4 even though it was almost the same game. As above might get it if it's cheap somewhere or its a noticeably different set up, but don't really want to pay full price for the same game for a 3rd time.

Never played far cry either but enjoying this so far. Appealed to me due to my archaeological training. Of course it's chock full of anachronisms but I'm still loving living out my Mesolithic fantasies so far.

I'm about 20 hours in now & still am loving exploring the world. There's a surprising amount of flexibility given the litmited weapons in the game when it comes to combat. 

I've had a cave lion with me for quite a while & it's handy not being pestered by packs of wolves & such now. I've come across anything I've disliked yet.

My daughter loves this game, she's not stopped talking about it since it was released. Now she's got it I haven't seen her in a week! 

I've a had an hour with her playing it and I must say it looks good. Plenty of map to explore and it's a good change from guns, missiles and the like.

The only far cry I ever completed was 1 and it's directors cuts.

2 was great but relentlessly spawning enemies put paid to any enjoyment.

3 was ok but I just got bored of it and playing it on ps3 meant it was a slideshow of a game. Plus UbiSoft's collectathon blinking map icon/map unlocking generic template ducked the joy out of it.

4 played on ps4, it ran better than 3 did but the same problems persisted. Bored!

Will give this miss I think.

10 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

My daughter loves this game, she's not stopped talking about it since it was released. Now she's got it I haven't seen her in a week! 

I've a had an hour with her playing it and I must say it looks good. Plenty of map to explore and it's a good change from guns, missiles and the like.

I'm finding the lack of guns quite refreshing. Nothing like sending your owl over to scout & get him to drop a beehive on the enemy. Then send in the sabertooth tiger while I use the long bow to pick the stragglers off. Game has some lovely movements like that.

sorry quoted wrong post:)

Edited by mightysasquatch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10 March 2016 at 12:16, Ponky said:

I notice a few paintings of birds on rocks or cliff walls around the place. What do they signify?

There's a few paintings that will give a clue to a location of hunter cahces, you'll know if it's one as there will be a red hand print in the hunter vision when you look at it. Only found/seen two so far in 30 hours play.

After a week off playing Division I'm happy to be back on this, wasted a week of time on that garbage. Get side tracked so much on this but I'm clearing everything I can, only just got Dah & the blood fang Sabre. Love the game!

Edited by mightysasquatch

Â