The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I reckon they are. 

We insulted them for months/years, and now we’re going from crisis to crisis.

If it were France or Germany giving it the biggun that they are better off out of it and will be better off alone we’d find their downfall hilarious.

"Brexit" returns zero results on the front of rte.ie. Nothing comes up on Le Monde either, but maybe they have a different word for it in French. The Germans are busy with their elections.

Nobody cares.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enda said:

"Brexit" returns zero results on the front of rte.ie. Nothing comes up on Le Monde either, but maybe they have a different word for it in French. The Germans are busy with their elections.

Nobody cares.

Germany, today

4-EB8400-D-F999-47-F2-A65-C-5-EE01568-D4

Olaf Scholz, the leader of the centre-left Social Democrats, said that ending free movement of labour with the EU had created a “problem” for the UK.

“The free movement of labour is part of the European Union,” he told reporters following Germany’s inconclusive elections.

France, yesterday

B7031487-FF4-B-48-D1-AB4-D-A28-A7-C2-B15

PARIS, Sept 27 (Reuters) - French European Affairs Minister Clement Beaune said on Monday that the petrol stations problems currently faced by Britain reflected the "intellectual fraud" that was Brexit.

"Every day, we see the intellectual fraud that was Brexit," Beaune told France 2 television.

also in France today

Britain’s mounting fuel crisis which has seen pumps run dry is a “direct consequence” of Brexit, the EU’s former chief negotiator Michel Barnier has said.

Mr Barnier, who is running for the French presidency, said the drastic shortage of lorry drivers and ongoing supply chain problems were down to the UK’s decision to quit the EU.

It looks like the most powerful people in Europe are very much talking about what a monumental **** up Brexit is, and that’s just the last 2 days.

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Doesn't everyone that talks to friends abroad realise Britain is a laughing stock Worldwide?

It's not just a 'vindictive' European thing.

I was in an Uber Feb 2020 in Florida, the driver was saying how “Bre-exit” seemed like a terrible idea.

Scholz was asked a question by a British journalist. Barnier was giving a talk at the LSE.

So if a British reporter asks you about it or if you’re giving a talk in London, sure. It’s not that everyone is actively ignoring Brexit, don’t get me wrong, but nobody really cares either. It’s like what I had for dinner yesterday: I remember it and could tell you about if you want, but it’s old news and not really relevant to me today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

Scholz was asked a question by a British journalist. Barnier was giving a talk at the LSE.

So if a British reporter asks you about it or if you’re giving a talk in London, sure. It’s not that everyone is actively ignoring Brexit, don’t get me wrong, but nobody really cares either. It’s like what I had for dinner yesterday: I remember it and could tell you about if you want, but it’s old news and not really relevant to me today.

@villa4europe do the Brexit related shit shows get much news coverage in Germany?

1 minute ago, Genie said:

@villa4europe do the Brexit related shit shows get much news coverage in Germany?

Honest the best thing about living here is nothing gets any coverage in my house cos I don't watch the news or read the papers 😜 amazing what a difference it makes to your life when you cut it all out, there could be a crisis and other shit here every week and I genuinely wouldn't know 

I think rona has taken over, when it started most germans who didn't think the UK was already stupid after brexit started to be converted, then there was a bounce with how fast you rolled out the jabs

The other thing in general is the vast vast majority of germans really don't give a shit or have any real informed knowledge of what the UK is all about, when I first moved and someone who didn't really care but could make conversation out of it said why brexit and I'd say something about farage convincing us the Polish were too big a strain on the NHS I'd do well to find someone who knew 1 of those 3 pieces of knowledge, an understanding of the NHS is really uncommon from my experience, replace farage with a politician who isn't Boris and its pretty much non existent, no one knows who kier starmer isn

I doubt anyone cares about the petrol as the election was here this weekend but if they did it would be another passing "stupid brits at it again" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can’t even take a step back and see that it’s a bit of a mess, but it’s because the post Brexit plan failed. There was no strategy to cope as an independent that unfortunately failed.

There never was a plan. We left, lost all the advantages of being in the EU and replaced them with nothing.

Its like quitting my nice job, not getting another one and quickly going bankrupt.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

All betting sites turned off today (From EU).

So no access to bet365 / Betvictor etc.

Gutted.  Was a hobby more than anything else.

Finally a positive from Brexit. I've been praying there would be SOMETHING positive. 

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have a few connections with Malta, they are interested in things UK, they think it’s the funniest, weirdest most bonkers thing ever.

When a native of Central Africa is shaking their head...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Honest the best thing about living here is nothing gets any coverage in my house cos I don't watch the news or read the papers 😜 amazing what a difference it makes to your life when you cut it all out, there could be a crisis and other shit here every week and I genuinely wouldn't know 

I think rona has taken over, when it started most germans who didn't think the UK was already stupid after brexit started to be converted, then there was a bounce with how fast you rolled out the jabs

The other thing in general is the vast vast majority of germans really don't give a shit or have any real informed knowledge of what the UK is all about, when I first moved and someone who didn't really care but could make conversation out of it said why brexit and I'd say something about farage convincing us the Polish were too big a strain on the NHS I'd do well to find someone who knew 1 of those 3 pieces of knowledge, an understanding of the NHS is really uncommon from my experience, replace farage with a politician who isn't Boris and its pretty much non existent, no one knows who kier starmer isn

I doubt anyone cares about the petrol as the election was here this weekend but if they did it would be another passing "stupid brits at it again" 

the petrol crisis was tucked away on the news channel

https://www.tagesschau.de/multimedia/video/video-924785.html

the use of a guy leaning out of a white van shouting "its a **** nightmare mate" probably tells you the serious news channel are trying their hardest not to openly laugh about it

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Are the government doing anything to help them clear it? It seems like an obvious opportunity.

That might cost actual money, I'm sure the 150 soldiers will cover it in the meantime

EDIT: There's plenty of stories out there of the delays in processing costing qualified HGV drivers waiting for forms and medical kits from the DVLA for weeks and months

Â