The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I like to imagine that by 'these people', you mean both Liz Truss *and* Alastair Campbell.

Anyone who talked in facts about the benefits of Brexit and has been shown up as liars (putting it politely).

17 minutes ago, Xela said:

How can you criticise Brexit when people like this were for it :trollface:

”I know lots of people who have said their business has suffered, but I’m not sure they’ve suffered as much as they say they have” 

Yeah, as long as you haven’t suffered that much much, then it’s practically a positive. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Xela said:

Thank god they're getting the important views from all the movers and shakers like Christopher frigging Biggins.  I've been waiting for him to speak all year now. 

• Like 1

Once again "they were taking us for a ride".   In what way? It's all just populist empty words. What does he actually mean by that? 

Then Farage takes over with his usual trotted out bullshit.   

Ohh there were people with jobs there? Well how many people have we had to employ to do jobs that were already done? Barely a day goes by without hearing about new department for this and that needing to be created to replicate the processes which were performed by EU departments.    Except instead of 27 countries funding those departments, there is just us. 

Ohh, they were all just enjoying a privileged, easy life? Well I'm sure our newly employed highly paid diplomats travelling around the world trying to recreate trade deals we already had (with more power to our negotiations) are all living in Premier Inns and declining all entertainment on offer instead staying in their hotel rooms to save on taxi bills. 

I assume people we are paying for 100% are OK to squander money instead of someone were funding 1/27th of. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

Literally the only thing I know about Christopher Biggins is that he was sometimes the butt of those jokes at the start of 'Sound Charades' on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue'. I can't imagine why his opinion on Brexit is one worth sharing, maybe they suspect the audience are old enough for him to be a meaningful figure?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Literally the only thing I know about Christopher Biggins is that he was sometimes the butt of those jokes at the start of 'Sound Charades' on 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue'. I can't imagine why his opinion on Brexit is one worth sharing, maybe they suspect the audience are old enough for him to be a meaningful figure?

I would suggest the more you know about Christopher Biggins the less you would think he would be a meaningful figure to ask opinions of on virtually anything serious. 

• Like 1

A shame

A North East venue has been forced to cancel an event set to feature former UKIP and Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage due to threats made on social media. 

The controversial politician and broadcaster was due to appear at The Point in Sunderlandfor an event entitled "An Evening with Nigel Farage" on Friday, September 3.

The event would have featured a talk from Mr Farage as well as an open Q&A with the crowd.

However, the venue has made the decision to cancel the show following a number of complaints from the public - despite the fact there had been significant interest in tickets.

The Point's operations director, Andrew Golding, said: "We decided after receiving complaints from the public and threatening behaviour via social media the event was best to be cancelled.

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thank god they're getting the important views from all the movers and shakers like Christopher frigging Biggins.  I've been waiting for him to speak all year now. 

Your panto tickets got cancelled too

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, sidcow said:

One of the comments said, it was nice that Biggins wore a gammon coloured suit :D 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Xela said:

“We’ve bred some wonderful people, wonderful actors, wonderful politicians, marvellous people who invented things - inventors, so many wonderful things - film actors.”

So just to clarify regarding things the UK we’re sorted on.

Actors ✅

Politicians ✅

People who invent things AKA “inventors” ✅

Actors (film) ✅

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Just for balance, he was perfectly fine as “Lukewarm” in Porridge. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We all know Biggins' best work was the Iceland advert with VT favourite Katona. 

Seeing those pair (snigger) discuss the king prawn ring (chortle) will always be a TV highlight for me. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Xela said:

We all know Biggins' best work was the Iceland advert with VT favourite Katona. 

Seeing those pair (snigger) discuss the king prawn ring (chortle) will always be a TV highlight for me. 

I have zero recollection of this, I must have locked the horror out of my brain. 

9-EF5-D89-C-D221-4391-8-A5-D-8-BA2688-C3

We all need to sacrifice a bit to share the pain of the thing we were told was going to be an improvement.

How about all the **** who campaigned and voted for it sort it out? 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â