The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know, maybe I just live a charmed life or something, but I haven't really seen any evidence of these shortages yet.

Same. Not saying it isn't prevalent in some places, but plenty of quails and oysters in my Waitrose. 

Seriously though, the Morrisons I go to seem fine. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I seem to recall a number of leave voters on here, I wonder what their thoughts are now? 

Same as they were before "                                                       " 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

The best one is “at least we’re not being ruled by Brussels now”

That is true.  And it's made such a massive difference difference to my life in all fairness.  It's hard to believe it's the same country really. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Can you post me some rinse aid? :P 

I assumed that was some kind of innuendo, but it seems like its just something to do with dishwashers?

Wash the dishes the the old fashioned way, you princess :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I was just chatting to my neighbour, he said he’d just been to Asda, I said “was there much missing?” and he replied that he had to go to Asda because Aldi looked like it was closing down. Entire aisles completely empty.

21 hours ago, Genie said:

I was just chatting to my neighbour, he said he’d just been to Asda, I said “was there much missing?” and he replied that he had to go to Asda because Aldi looked like it was closing down. 

Isn't that what Aldi usually looks like? :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/08/2021 at 16:47, HanoiVillan said:

I don't know, maybe I just live a charmed life or something, but I haven't really seen any evidence of these shortages yet.

Loads of empty shelves in the Morrisons/Asda/Tesco shops in Malvern/Worcester/Bromsgrove over the past couple of weeks.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

We’ve still got last year’s turkey in the freezer.

The trick will be, judging the optimum time to put it on eBay.

Good point. I might have a look next time we do a shopping and stick one away for December. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Good point. I might have a look next time we do a shopping and stick one away for December. 

I’m in a better more fortunate position this year, I can start the hoarding from next pay day, which is Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m in a better more fortunate position this year, I can start the hoarding from next pay day, which is Tuesday.

Should be a TTPMOBS, as today is payday but pushed back because of weekend, then pushed back another day because of the BH. 
Shouldnt piss me off as I won’t run out of money, but feels a bit like they have my money.

• Like 1

Â