The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m amazed the EU are still committing so much time to this. I’d have thought they’d have just issued a take it or leave it by now.

They'd still much rather we rejoined, it's still very much in their interests to remain to appaer to be reasonable. The EU has never been a body for rushing anyway, the time limits are pretty much ours not theirs

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

They'd still much rather we rejoined, it's still very much in their interests to remain to appaer to be reasonable. The EU has never been a body for rushing anyway, the time limits are pretty much ours not theirs

I guess you’re right, the willingness to commit personnel for such a long time is a sign they want to get something out of it.

I pray a deal comes because if people think 2020 was bad I can’t even imagine 2021. A pandemic, no money, no jobs, spiralling government debt, higher taxes, a no deal Brexit finishing off the businesses that managed to survive 2020, the healthier ones pissing off to mainland Europe, and Boris and co in charge for 4 more years with a huge majority. 
Could it get any worse than that? That could be the new normal.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I’m not sure that’s true anymore.

Never say never, but I don’t see the EU budging on Jan 1. I think people (not you in particular, bickster) are generally underestimating the consequences of HMG’s actions.

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

EkX6iKSXcAEzghG?format=png&name=900x900

That's one biiiig lorry park. Feel a bit sorry for the 41% of Ashford that didn't ask for it though.

That looks expensive, so the area is already getting large investment as a result of Brexit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The British negotiating team got an early train home today, with the European Council noting that sides are too far apart for agreement. Barnier told by his bosses he is allowed to continue negotiations but that it's up to the UK "to make the necessary moves to make an agreement possible."

David Frost "disappointed" the EU has changed course.

Unless Boris breaks his self-imposed deadline, and sends Frost back with weaker terms, we're in trouble.

The undersigned request that the new brexit lorry park in kent be named after Nigel Farage, without his years of selfish grift, dissembling and misapplied zeal on the behalf of the more gullible voters of Kent this project just would not be happening. It is fitting that every lorry driver, every commuter and every local resident has a chance to link this fine example of civil engineering to its true hero.

It maybe the Mr Farage will be unable or unwilling to attend the unveiling of this great honour that we do him but that shouldn’t get in the way of seeing his name and huge gurn plastered all over the boundary fence at regular intervals topped by a coil of razor wire no doubt festooned with the shreds of black farmers plastic known as witches knickers. For the foreseeable future everyone should genuinely be able to refer to this diesel soaked valhalla as Nigel’s Folly.

https://www.change.org/p/kent-county-council-kent-lorry-park-to-be-named-after-nigel-farage

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

No deal it is then.  Yay 🙄

So when is Boris going to resign then? He’s clearly led us into a pit.

No deal with the EU, no deal with anyone else.

How is there not a huge angry mob outside 10 Downing Street?

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

So when is Boris going to resign then? He’s clearly led us into a pit.

No deal with the EU, no deal with anyone else.

How is there not a huge angry mob outside 10 Downing Street?

You forgot Ivory Coast, we have a deal with them apparently.......

The country could be absolutely ruined by this one man. Absolute piece of turd.
JLR who have around 250,000 jobs in the UK linked to them have said no deal will cost them an extra £1b a year in tariffs. That can’t be sustainable.

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Nah, there were millions of them.

They were sold a dream that was complete bollox, they are implicated but he was the figurehead of it all.

He promised the world and delivered nothing, much much less than nothing.

What seems to be baffling our lot is that the EU have thought something through, declared a position, and consistently stuck to it throughout.

You can understand Johnson and his cabinet's confusion, surely. 

• Like 1

Â