The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Four of Farage's MEPs have resigned to back the Conservatives, including little sister Rees-Mogg.  Presumably he'll be calling for an election to replace them?

In other NF news -

Just need the entire country to see this and we’re sorted.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, snowychap said:

One of the other NF Ltd MEPs:

Serious question, I don't and can't find the answer to. What happens if an MEP resigns their seat? EU website says its down to individual member states rules but can't find anything further than that

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

Serious question, I don't and can't find the answer to. What happens if an MEP resigns their seat? EU website says its down to individual member states rules but can't find anything further than that

I don't know for sure but I think it looks like the party for whom they were elected get to replace them with the next on their list - that seems to be what happened when Roger Hellmer 'retired' as an MEP at the end of July 2017 and was replaced by Jonathan Bullock (both Kippers - at the time).

If they just resign the party whip, though, it looks like they can carry on as independents.

Edited by snowychap
spelling
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I don't know for sure but I think it looks like the party for whom they were elected get to replace them with the next on their list - that seems to be what happened when Roger Hellmer 'retired' as an MEP at the end of July 2017 and was replaced by Johathan Bullock (both Kippers - at the time).

If they just resign the party whip, though, it looks like they can carry on as independents.

Thanks, it's what I imagined would happen but wasn't sure 

• Like 1

If Labour are frustrating the will of the people, but Tories for a ruse infiltrated the Labour Party to elect Corbyn. This shit then, its all the Tories doing right?

Edited by Seat68

This is class. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/abroad/the-more-the-british-learn-about-ireland-s-loyalists-the-less-they-like-1.4110985

The more the British learn about Ireland’s loyalists, the less they like

The union has been preserved not out of love for Northern Ireland but by ambivalence.

...Leave voters are outraged by the amount of money they contribute to the EU. Imagine if they found out about the £10 billion they pay annually to subsidise Northern Ireland. That is money that could be pumped into the NHS – or, better yet, spent on erecting a giant poppy in the Channel, so that England never has to look at France again.

Sort of speaks for itself, really.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Rodders said:

so... 

full steam ahead no deal brexit then? nothing to stop it now is there. 

Oh i hope so i really want to see what will happen to UK when u go without the deal  and have to change majority of laws if im not mistaken. 

Edited by Tumblerseven

5 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

Oh i hope so i really want to see what will happen to UK when u go without the deal  and have to change majority of laws if im not mistaken. 

We have to change the majority of our laws? I think you are mistaken.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought Boris had a Brexit deal that can pass now?

He has a withdrawal agreement that specifies the terms of our departure. 

We now get to argue for the next decade about what happens next. And it's not going to be pretty.

• Like 2

Â