The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

??????????????

How dare Polish couples living the UK name their kids a Polish name!? 

Ah then that makes sense, although I thought we had shut them gates. I have been misled. 

I thought it was just words removed being different like Jaxson. 

Same for Cai. I know a couple of Cai’s and my wife’s name would be similarly ‘odd’ for the brexit minded.

I think the Welsh are still allowed to use Welsh names.

‘Journalist’ strikes again.  

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What does "I voted for people to be more patriotic" even mean?!

That's the tragedy of all of this. One side managed to convince quite a lot of people that taking a bat to your country and household finances was somehow "patriotic" and that those people telling you it was dumb were doing so because they "didn't love or believe in their country enough".

21 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

That's the tragedy of all of this. One side managed to convince quite a lot of people that taking a bat to your country and household finances was somehow "patriotic" and that those people telling you it was dumb were doing so because they "didn't love or believe in their country enough".

It's a bit like football.

Any constructive criticism or negativity can be construed as not believing enough.

Blind faith at its worst

48 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Same for Cai. I know a couple of Cai’s and my wife’s name would be similarly ‘odd’ for the brexit minded.

I think the Welsh are still allowed to use Welsh names.

‘Journalist’ strikes again.  

I only posted it for the lack of Nigels

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As the son of a Nigel, I naturally have some fondness for the name, but it has to be said it has been very poorly-served by prominent Nigels who are nearly all utter rocket-polishers. 

I would immediately offer Messrs Hawthorne, Blackwell, Planer and Slater for the pro-Nigel column.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I would immediately offer Messrs Hawthorne, Blackwell, Planer and Slater for the pro-Nigel column.

Fair point. I don't really have any beef with Nigels Havers, Bond or Reo-Coker either. I guess I'm mostly just referring to the several Tory MPs of that name really (plus the obvious other). 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Fair point. I don't really have any beef with Nigels Havers, Bond or Reo-Coker either. I guess I'm mostly just referring to the several Tory MPs of that name really (plus the obvious other). 

Messrs Benn, Mansell and Clough gave the name a certain sporting gravitas in the late 80s/early 90s. 

Plus 'wacky' Villa fan and fiddle maestro Kennedy as well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I think I read somewhere that Nigel Havers is a bit of nobber, so I left him off. I could be confusing him with someone else of that ilk though.

Kennedy was the obvious one that I missed I reckon. 

11 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think I read somewhere that Nigel Havers is a bit of nobber, so I left him off. I could be confusing him with someone else of that ilk though.

Kennedy was the obvious one that I missed I reckon. 

He [Havers] may well be a prat, but apart from a couple of shows I remember him being on I don't know much about him except that he had a campaign to raise awareness/push for enforcement of rules against waiting cars idling their engines, which is a worthy cause IMO. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 1

Â