The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Big meeting in No. 10 right now. Rumours of snap General Election. 

I guess he has no choice. 

he might well do so but according to Sky not tonight  

he says he is instead going to repeat the messages he's been putting out that if Tory rebels try and block no-deal they will weaken his negotiating position with Brussels, and that they are siding with Jeremy Corbyn 

Earlier comments were about the government treating tomorrow's vote as a VONC, so presumably he's wanting to spell that out tonight, to put more pressure on people, especially those who are likely to lose their seat in an election.

• Like 1

More rumblings from the doctor's clash with Lord Snooty, here.

The consultant neurologist who clashed with Jacob Rees-Mogg over contingency plans for a no-deal Brexit has challenged the politician to report him to the General Medical Council.

David Nicholl, who drew up a risk register of epilepsy and neurology drugs for the government’s Operation Yellowhammer plans for no deal, said he was not going to take lessons from a “muppet” who had no medical qualifications.

“If he has got doubts about my probity, I am more than happy to be referred to the GMC,” said Nicholl.

“I am not bothered about Jacob Rees-Mogg. I’m not going to take a single word of health lessons from a muppet like him. What does he know about epilepsy or neuropathic pain?” he added.

It is regrettable that a medical professional should use "muppet" as a term of abuse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pretty much gives the balance to the DUP again

The hilarious bit is actually in the subsequent tweet - with those maths it would give Conservatives + DUP 321 seats, and "the others" 321 seats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Ha ha - the 6pm thing was so that Johnson could stand on the steps of Downing Street and talk bollocks.

Though it's interesting that he said there are no circumstances that would have him asking for an extension.

What would you have liked to have heard? Genuinely interested. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What would you have liked to have heard? Genuinely interested. 

A rendition of 'Leaning on a lamp-post'?

Or "Governments, especially minority ones, can't be going to up against Parliament and the Judiciary if we're to respect our constitution and polity. We therefore will only prorogue Parliament for the least amount of time necessary for a Queen's Speech, MPs will have a vote on whether to break up for conference season and this Government, though it intends a particular policy of having the country leave the EU on 31st October, will, of course, respect Parliament and any laws it passes."

We were never going to get the latter and the former was quite unlikely.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Â