The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yep, said the same on the Twitterverse.

But this is the angriest I've seen Corbyn probably.

Mogg, Johnson, Raab, all of them - it's not about the man on th street, but they shout about that because they want to create tension, and I bet they go home at the end of the night and laugh at the trouble they have caused, cos it won't affect them when the shit hits the fan, they will get a nice juicy high paid job as we all suffer.

As for Corbyn, I like seeing him wound up. You can tell he hates the Tories.

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Blackford just said  “ respect the will of the people on Scotland “

And he managed to say it with a straight face 

Any comment on the possibility of No Deal? Johnson not following the law?

• Like 1

Johnson has proven to be a coward. He bottled the TV debates before becoming PM, and now he's bottled debate in the commons by shutting it down. I can't see him being brave enough to break the law and deal with what that brings. He'll buckle and blame everyone around him for failing.

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not a Tory , you appear to be confusing me with someone else

Seems fishy. There are 2 answers here Tony and one of them appears to be blaming someone else. J'accuse! 

Why does Boris keep going on about negotiation with the EU? There isn't anything to negotiate is there.

Q. Do we have a solution to the Irish border?

A. No.

Until we have some kind of solution its going to be status Quo. Its obvious to all involved.

2 hours ago, desensitized43 said:

Hypothetically speaking, if Johnson doesn't ask for an extension and is found to have broken the law, is he still eligible to be PM and/or Tory leader? 

Yes, unless he were found guilty of a crime and sentenced to more than a year in prison or were found guilty of a crime, had a recall petition in his constituency and lost his seat that way (see recent two occasions - Onasanya & Davies).

I supppose he could be deemed to have contravened the Ministerial code but as the person who decides what the outcome of that is, I believe, the PM then I doubt that matters.

Edit: I'm not up on internal Tory party policy but I doubt they automatically kick law breakers out of their party.

Edited by snowychap

19 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yes, unless he were found guilty of a crime and sentenced to more than a year in prison or were found guilty of a crime, had a recall petition in his constituency and lost his seat that way (see recent two occasions - Onasanya & Davies).

I supppose he could be deemed to have contravened the Ministerial code but as the person who decides what the outcome of that is, I believe, the PM then I doubt that matters.

Edit: I'm not up on internal Tory party policy but I doubt they automatically kick law breakers out of their party.

Just read up on the recall procedure. If he's given a custodial sentance of more than a year he's inelligble to be an MP. If it's less than a year he can be subject to recall.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Just read up on the recall procedure. If he's given a custodial sentance of more than a year he's inelligble to be an MP. If it's less than a year he can be subject to recall.

Yes, and that would require some sort of prosecution to be brought, an investigation to be had and a case to be won.

If he were to ignore the Act just passed then the likelihood is that there'd be some sort of urgent litigation and, as per earlier comments from @cyrusr, a PM could be viewed as being in contempt of court for ignoring an order that the court issued (if it told him to comply, for example, which one would imagine it would).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Based on most of your post history, I can only assume that you're in denial ;) 

Nothing to deny  , you're confusing my dislike of labour as endorsement of another party ...  but from your post count  you're obviously a man with plenty of spare time  :)  , read through the Tory thread and find posts where i praise the Tory's or the leaders or anything  ..let me know how you get on 

Related to that it always amuses me   , you can go in the bolitics threads and see posts from the ABT people with "I'm not a labour supporter  ..but" and nobody bats an eyelid , even when it turns out these non labour supporters then voted , errm labour because well there wasn't really any choice but i didn't really want to   .. yet someone whose actually voted Lib Dem as many times as they've voted Tory is somehow a card carrying dyed in the wool Tory

Â