The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

18 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Seriously?

Someone else is appointed by HMQ to try and form a government.

Yeah but doesn’t HMQ have to go to someone in the Tory party as government is in session ? So would it ordinarily be the deputy PM , a role which has been vacant since 2015 ?  Thus I’m trying to work out who it would be 

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Yeah but doesn’t it go to someone in the Tory party as government is in session ? So would it ordinarily be the deputy PM , a role which has been vacant since 2015 ?  Thus I’m trying to work out who it would be 

Alan Pardew till the end of the season

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah but doesn’t HMQ have to go to someone in the Tory party as government is in session ? So would it ordinarily be the deputy PM , a role which has been vacant since 2015 ?  Thus I’m trying to work out who it would be 

I have no logic or knowledge on the subject but the money would be on Gove for the Tories. But IMO Johnson won't resign

I also wouldn't be shocked if parliament voted against going to a GE

But I know nothing

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Andrea Leadsom, the business secretary, has signalled that the Tory rebels will not have the whip removed immediately. In an interview with BBC, she said that she hoped that the MPs who voted against the government would “reconsider overnight” and decide to vote with the government to defeat the bill tomorrow. Asked if they would lose the whip immediately, she said they wouldn’t. They would get a second chance, she said.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/sep/03/commons-showdown-looms-in-battle-over-no-deal-brexit-live

Â